• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

J.D

J.D

Soldato
Oh I know... I fully trust Kaapstad.... just something about the way he goes balls out on everything he does I like :)

I was just being funny about it. I know you weren't questioning the quad king. I agree though, you'd think there would be a dozen back ups. Like if it was the iPhone 6 that died that he'd have the iPhone 5S, 5C and 5 lying around :D.

Soldato
Very *very* weird! Reviews seem to be all over the shop :confused::confused::confused:

I am now suspecting it could be throughput of the host system if having a larger impact than previous gen cards.

It appears you need a high-end system (X79/X99) to cut through the driver over-head.

This could be why the BF4 results are weird, BF4 uses so much host system resources itself that it is impacting Fury X performance, even with mantle.

If we don't see big gains from Overclocking the Fury X at 1080p, this may be other confirmation that the above is true.

Last edited:
Soldato
I was just being funny about it. I know you weren't questioning the quad king. I agree though, you'd think there would be a dozen back ups. Like if it was the iPhone 6 that died that he'd have the iPhone 5S, 5C and 5 lying around :D.

Or 3 of the same model as spares :p

As he only buys in 4's :)

Soldato
Temps on this thing are awesome.

IDLE 27C with dual monitors. LOAD temp 40C. AMD are winning temp / noise by a mile. My Titan X would hit 83C and either lock in clocks or the fan would spin up and make is whooshing noise.

So big improvement from AMD in temp / noise department.

40C LOAD !

Right bout to try some games.

Caporegime
Cool, quiet and sexy.

Not had much time to play with it, working now I'm afraid so no more updates until maybe later tonight.

Here's where I'm at with installing all four. :cool:

A8oFAVG.jpg

Ignore, see post below.
Looking good mate, can you not mount one of the rads for the card on the HDD cages? Remove any unused drive trays to open up the front air intake path. Stock front panel can be a bit restrictive on this case. But there are a few aftermarket radiator grills that can be fitted to it. Using a phobya one on mine.

Also, had an inkling that you had got the black and red primo se even before seeing the pic. Looks very nice.:)

Soldato
No. Shock horror liquid gpu is cooler than a gpu on air.

:)

Shock horror - fan spins up when the GPU gets warm/hot :p

Nice observations guys.

AMD releasing high end GPU that runs at 40C and is really quiet is impressive imho.

Titan X in contrast runs hot and louder than 980's etc Ref 980 Ti is even louder than TX, but this time around that's not even something people think about?

I'm stating the heat temps as it was criticised with AMD's last round of cards. That would also spin up at around the same threshold as Titan X.

The idea is to show the difference between both my cards. Apologize if this annoys you, but I'll carry on anyway.

Just ran Crysis 3 everything up, same settings as I ran on my Titan X. Really impressed so far. Will try BF4, and a few others next.

This card is a bit of a beast:D:D

Yup.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom