• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Soldato
Complain about microsoft and windows not being able to give you the driver then?

It is after all, a beta OS, with a BRAND new product. If you cared that much you could use windows 8.1

Seriously... its so far from AMD's fault its not even funny.
It's almost as silly as blaming the company who picked your coffee beans because one of the other 25 companies in the chain screwed up.

AMDMatt, can't you use your magic to provide those on Windows 10 with a direct link to the drivers? After all, AMD must have the drivers as they package them for Microsoft to distribute through Windows update.

Also, it's unfair, Meladath, to blame those with these problems as it's both AMD and Microsoft's responsibility to make sure these drivers are available through Windows update, therefore AMD does indeed share some of the blame.

If the drivers are not available, then it creates negativity and frustration around AMD's flagship product in the minds of those they need to impress. This is a product for enthusiasts and many enthusiasts are already using Windows 10 which is only a month away from release, surely AMD are aware of this.

Soldato
There's no driver available for me via Windows Update either (For Win 10); only the audio driver.

This is very poor, considering this is my first AMD card for years.

No, what's very poor is you expecting 100% vendor support for an OS that is not officially released. Maybe you should have considered all of this before you made your purchase, or just accept the perils of being an early adopter.

Associate
No, what's very poor is you expecting 100% vendor support for an OS that is not officially released. Maybe you should have considered all of this before you made your purchase, or just accept the perils of being an early adopter.

I refer you to my previous answer; this thread isn't for you and your like to beg for attention.

Soldato
If the drivers are not available, then it creates negativity and frustration around AMD's flagship product in the minds of those they need to impress. This is a product for enthusiasts and many enthusiasts are already using Windows 10 which is only a month away from release, surely AMD are aware of this.

not released.
cant offically support it simple as that.

Soldato
Yes you can go down to 15%, stock is either 20 or 25% can't remember which. It's completely silent at stock, i couldn't hear it at all and i was sat right next to it on my desk.

How loud is the fan at loud? Any chance of a db reading of your system?

Tbh I am starting to feel a little tempted by a pair of Furies. I'll see where the price settles next month.

I have 2 980Ti's, and even I'm tempted haha.

Soldato
Just a thought for those FuryX owners on Windows 10, unable to get the Windows Update driver...

Have you tried the modded 1040 drivers at guru3d?

They have been digitally signed (unlike some other recent modded drivers) and they are more recent than the 15.6 and 15.15 drivers, IIRC, so they might contain an inf file recognising your FuryXs.

Man of Honour
OP
The good news is my 4 Sapphire Fury Xs have turned up.

A big thankyou to the guys at OcUK.:)

The bad news is my mobile has died so I can not take pics. I will have to get a new phone tomorrow.

Soldato
The bad news is my mobile has died so I can not take pics. I will have to get a new phone tomorrow.

did you walk by a Nvidia fan with the phone by chance?
I dont say its a conspiracy but you never really know.;)

enjoy the cards look forward valid comparisons over the next month

Soldato
Yes you can go down to 15%, stock is either 20 or 25% can't remember which. It's completely silent at stock, i couldn't hear it at all and i was sat right next to it on my desk.

The fan used is one the best out there. It's gentle typhoon rated very highly. 1850rpm and I had to even look to make sure they spinning..

So I can imagine what you saying about noise matt.. Your system must be very cool and quiet :D

I guess now that amd rule in the noise/heat department I guess all the talk about hot GPUs don't matter anymore? Funny how fast times change.

A 980ti hitting 80/90c is perfectly fine now.

J.D

J.D

Soldato
Question for "AMDMatt", just curious really.

Do you "have" to have AMD cards?
I mean If you bought a few Titan's would you get a slap from your boss, or is it prohibited?

It wouldn't go well I'd imagine as if he promoted the other company then it wouldn't be fitting for a representative of AMD would it?. Also AMD-Matt has the position due to his love for AMD and the tireless help he provides for AMD users so I think it would make him physically ill if there was anything with the dreaded (Nvidia) "N" word in his PC. :D

Back
Top Bottom