• Yay, I want to be free

Votes: 161 19.9%
  • Nay, never untie the knot

Votes: 441 54.4%
  • Don’t care about Haggis and chips.

Votes: 209 25.8%

• Total voters
Associate
Are all the mods on holiday today or what? It's like a primary school playground the amount of barely related bickering in this thread.

Soldato
It seems like the global political equivalent of cutting your nose of to spite your face.

Voluntarily leaving the EU, forgoing one of the strongest currencies around, huge question marks over the NHS, the central bank, the overstated oil reserves, the likely price rises big businesses have said are likely to come, etc.

It just seems like sheer lunacy - there are so many valid arguments raised about what's going to happen to X, but Salmond just seems to say that others are scaremongering... he hasn't given very solid explanations of how many things are going to pan out. Therefore basing the country, its inhabitants and their subsequent generations on such flimsy arguments seems completely nuts. Hugely irresponsible.

Also, the rhetoric coming out of the Yes campaigners is so overly idealistic, verging on being nonchalant and blase.

I don't doubt that something needs to be done, things need to be changed, and that Westminster needs to open its eyes, but I don't think this is the way to get things done.

Associate
Voted YES!

If we get it this its going to be awesome for Scotland and the rest of the UK. The vote for indepence for me is a vote against Westminster not England.

5 yrs we'll be best friends.

Soldato
This point of view winds me up the most. It is such a dimwitted notion (The same notion that Russell Brand had in that awful interview he had with Jeremy Paxman).

Change =/= Better . "shaking things up" in Westminster, does not, for a moment mean anything will get better. What if it gets worse?

Just voting no, for the sake of change, when you have no idea whether what comes after will be any better is a stupid viewpoint to take.

Again, going back to Brand's idiotic diatribe about politics, he came up with no viable alternative, no thoughts on how it would be better, but instead just said what we currently have is no good so everyone should form a revolution : / or not vote. But did stupid people fawn all over him for it? You bet they did :(

Dimwitted is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, this is what we have now. Politics needs a good kick up the arse, people are sick and tired of them as proven in low turnouts come voting time, they are relying on complete voter apathy to remain in the Ivory Towers of Westminster, fact is, it cannot get any worse than it is now, it needs to change, if there's turmoil in the change then so be it, I'm sure we'll somehow manage and get through any drastic changes, hardly the end of the World if a few Politicians lose their cushy numbers or a few Corporations and the Bankers get burned financially is it? But hey, keep your blinkers on there, everything is just super! :rolleyes:

Caporegime
In before the Yes vote wins and Scotland spirals into more poverty and they blame it on the UK for not doing enough during the campaign.

The biggest argument I've seen about it all today was on facebook about Scotland being "our" only hope for Labour to regain power.

Caporegime
Dimwitted is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, this is what we have now. Politics needs a good kick up the arse, people are sick and tired of them as proven in low turnouts come voting time, they are relying on complete voter apathy to remain in the Ivory Towers of Westminster, fact is, it cannot get any worse than it is now, it needs to change, if there's turmoil in the change then so be it, I'm sure we'll somehow manage and get through any drastic changes, hardly the end of the World if a few Politicians lose their cushy numbers or a few Corporations and the Bankers get burned financially is it? But hey, keep your blinkers on there, everything is just super! :rolleyes:

Agreed. Politics needs a huge overhaul.

Soldato
I'm English but England couldn't care a less about Scotland or the north..

Why would any scot want to be part of Westminster politics, they're only in it for them selves.. Evil corrupt paedo war mongers.. Kick them out Scotland..

Back
Top Bottom