• Yay, I want to be free

Votes: 161 19.9%
  • Nay, never untie the knot

Votes: 441 54.4%
  • Don’t care about Haggis and chips.

Votes: 209 25.8%

• Total voters
Soldato
Don't have a vote and am neither Scottish nor English. That being said it seems a very obvious nay. Far too many unknowns and the whole thing seems like Alex Salmonds own personal vendetta against England. There are of course many benefits to the yes campaign but the negatives outweigh them I feel.

I guess if Scotland does become independent I can always ship my future kids off there for some free university tuition. So it would save them a good bit in student debt at least.

Soldato
There is no chance of them winning because even if they did win the people in charge of the voting would simply lie about the result.There are too many powerful people and organisations that want a no vote for the vote to actually be yes. The mistake people make is that they think the election will not be fraudulent. All democratic elections are fraudulent. If voting changed anything it will be outlawed.

Spot the guesser...

I presume you took a pen to vote today, just in case they rub your vote out and change it if it was written in pencil?

Mentalist, just like the yes campaign..

Permabanned
Glad i voted as soon as they opened this morning. Just drove by again now and there's a queue, people look like they're arguing, a few policemen there, a police van and car.

Permabanned
Some of this is like an election in Afghanistan or Iraq. Shameful, if you need Police to keep order at polling booths then I have little hope for politics in Scotland.

Soldato
Some of this is like an election in Afghanistan or Iraq. Shameful, if you need Police to keep order at polling booths then I have little hope for politics in Scotland.

We've had plenty of cases of police keeping order in UK elections too. Not least in the last General Election, where turnout at some polling stations exceeded expectations and they closed the ballot before people got through the queue!

Soldato
If they leave, they better start learning Russian because it won't be long before they invade :p

On a serious note, I don't think anyone with an ounce of sense would really want them to leave, it doesn't make financial sense.

Caporegime
Yes all the way for Scotland. I fully applaud them for bringing this to the referendum stage and hope they will be victorious. The current political and financial system is a disgrace, and to take the power from the rich public school boys can be the first step to designing a new, better system. One which might lead to better awareness of the greedy senselessly wasteful system we currently have in place

I find it bizarre that people think this will shake up politics and change things in Westminster.

Permabanned
We've had plenty of cases of police keeping order in UK elections too. Not least in the last General Election, where turnout at some polling stations exceeded expectations and they closed the ballot before people got through the queue!

That's not really the same thing now is it.

Back
Top Bottom