The Grand Tour

• Thread starter Thread starter LiE
  • Start date Start date
rwuA185.jpg

I remember watching Jeremy racing James and Richard to the south of France in a DB9 and watch it ever since, now here we are at the end, quite the journey.

Last edited:
Just finished watching it. Zimbabwe is so stunning.

I didn't think I'd be so emotional. The annual Top Gear / Grand Tour season has been part of my life since I was 12 (34 now). It's one of the ever very few tv shows that I watched as soon as it was released.

I watched the Vietnam, USA and Botswana specials in anticipation of this. I forgot how good they were.

Thanks for the memories.

Watched this tonight.

The feels.

A nice, gentle sign off from the guys. Just three blokes in cars on a long drive through some bloody lovely scenery (and a coal mine) back to where it all began.

The sound I let out when Jeremy arrived at where the Botswana trip Lancia was parked startled the cat :D

Just finished watching it. Sooo saaad , they have brought me many laugh moments, made me smile , and it makes you feel your actually with them.

I can understand why they chose this as it's a stunning country and landscape.

Really gutted this is finishing

Last edited:
Was it the best special they've done over the years, no however it was the perfect send off, this one really felt like the first few specials they did, no over the top staged content or explosions and just 3 chaps driving through a country having a mostly good time together.

There's a few lines of dialogue were they talk about previous things they've done but this is far from a 'ohhh remember when we did xyz' and it cutting to it like a clip show would, you get a little montage in the opening credits and right at the end but I won't spoil that.

If you enjoyed watching CHM over the last 22 years it's definitely worth the 2 hours to watch.

Just finished watching it. Really good enjoyed it! Shame to see it end.

They made a big thing about Botswana being their first ever special and closing that loop, which was nice...but didn't the USA and Polar specials come before that?

Still. A nice send off for the series.

Was a good episode, shame it’s got to come to an end. Think they made the right choice, some stunning views from Zimbabwe and a very good endings. I still enjoy watching the specials even after all these years.

Was it the best special they've done over the years, no however it was the perfect send off, this one really felt like the first few specials they did, no over the top staged content or explosions and just 3 chaps driving through a country having a mostly good time together.
Couldn’t agree more. Haven’t enjoyed much of their work together for a long time, since early/mid Top Gear really, but that was a great episode to end on.

Glad they get more time to spend on their solo projects now.

Back
Top Bottom