The Grand Tour

• Thread starter Thread starter LiE
  • Start date Start date
I very much enjoyed the last episode. As always there was the "Mr Wilman thinks we're doing this but we're not" schtick, which in some way did feel a bit unnecessary, but on the other hand it's true to form with what they've always done.

Either way it was enjoyable and a fitting end to something which has been a huge part of my life since I was a kid.

I never managed to get into "The Grand Tour" after Clarkson, Hammond & May ended up there. Tempted to watch the final episode or special (whatever it was), just haven't remembered to go looking for it.

End of an era indeed. I'm ashamed to say that I never quite got on with The Grand Tour after the trio finished Top Gear. It just didn't seem the same and I gave up after a series or two Maybe I should go back and start watching it again as it sounds like it got closer to what TG was. Is there a series that it started to be like the old Top Gear tours and I'll skip to that?

Wow. What an end to a great run they had. I'm glad they managed to end it together whilst all healthy and...well...frankly alive! ;)
Emotional ending. I've enjoyed so much TV this Trio have made over the last couple of decades. Whilst they faded over time, I still enjoyed their work and I think it generally had ran it's course. Good to sign off properly.

A chemistry that we perhaps won't ever see matched again on TV...

Bye lads

thought final ep was a bit bland, nice touch at end, will miss the guys, was there at start of TG, motoring shows just aren't same any more.
on side note, christ Jezza put on a few pounds :cry:

I don't think there was any intention to have the special like their others, it was just a relatively nice drive for them in cars they love and a farewell for the viewers.

If they produced something like their older specials, people would ask why they stopped if they were still capable of it.

Last edited:
It was a good end, sound track was great especially Brothers In Arms in the closing scenes.

That song choice I would not be surprised if it was Clarkson. Literally perfect that. Great scene.
Watching the final show back again and I do think we need to give credit where credit is due. In terms of the content of the "usual" stuff, yes it's just another road trip, but the final 10 minutes were really nicely done imo.

Back
Top Bottom