The Great Big FFP Debate

I look forward to the day when these folks can spend what they want on a team but then cant play in Europe due to UEFA's rulings around p&l. Should be fun.

I'd be more than happy to bin off the tv deal and let clubs charge their own tv packages to watch every league game, if the oil cartel get their way with crapping on the rules I'd expect the other clubs to start pushing towards that.

Last edited:
As a fan of a not "bigger" (read billionaire owner) club,

I can only see a few options going forward,

We value the whole football league including the 20 team premier league system that is currently there, and if that is the case then we have to put in even more financial controls / transfer controls.. to make it a competitive league again! ( i can't see this happening.. too much money / profit in it these days for it to be anything other than a business :( )

The "big 7/8" are allowed to spend what they like, and the premier league becomes even more unbalanced that it already is, with absolutely no chance of a smaller club growing organically..

At which point there may as well be a breakaway league.. and let the bllionaires compete with each other about who can spend the most billions to win the billionaires league..

do fans of these clubs actually want their team to win at all costs, even at the expense of an actual competition?

a kind of.. Who cares how much the owner spends as long as we can say we're league champions.. even if the league is so skewed we were bound to win..

I honestly can't see a way out of this money sprial we're in..

Last edited:
do fans of these clubs actually want their team to win at all costs, even at the expense of an actual competition?

Of course they do, some of these clubs have not won anything significant for decades. They'll put up with just about anything as long as it means a sniff of silverware.

There's no going back now and it was all self-inflicted.

Last edited:
You say of course they do, are you talking about yourself personally?

To me it's a bit like a cheat mode for a game, yes you win.. but what's the point.. if winning is a given.. (or in this case purchased!!. may as well let the owners bribe the referee's and the biggest bribe gets all the decisions!!) :)

Sad really!! :(

I'd be more than happy to bin off the tv deal and let clubs charge their own tv packages to watch every league game, if the oil cartel get their way with crapping on the rules I'd expect the other clubs to start pushing towards that.

I can imagine it now. Man City has 20 billion "subscribers" to generate revenue.

This is what i meant earlier in the thread if the big bad 4 of United Liverpool Spurs and Arsenal were really the big bad, they would take their 70-80% of the ball and go somewhere else. If the premier league was just to protect them, as people use as an excuse they would have done it 30 years ago.

Hot take i've read today is that Arsenal "cheated" by having a long term plan to build a new stadium and only finance the team enough to finish top 4 every season for a decade as a reason why other teams should be allowed to spend whatever they like.

This is what i meant earlier in the thread if the big bad 4 of United Liverpool Spurs and Arsenal were really the big bad, they would take their 70-80% of the ball and go somewhere else. If the premier league was just to protect them, as people use as an excuse they would have done it 30 years ago.

Hot take i've read today is that Arsenal "cheated" by having a long term plan to build a new stadium and only finance the team enough to finish top 4 every season for a decade as a reason why other teams should be allowed to spend whatever they like.
:cry:
The failed Super league?

give over. closed competition to maximize profits for the sly 6......
in a competition that is aready a closed shop according to the people that complained so much about it.

But no again IF they were as big and bad as people complain about they would just do it who cares about the blacklash from the poors, they are well poor.

I actually refering to league football NOT the super league, theres nothing to stop them resigning from the premier league a rejoining the football league and taking the 70-80% of the tv revenue and interest in football generally with them... if they were the big bad ruiners of football people claim.

So how are the cartel 5 going to be playing in Europe when they constantly fail uefa's p&l regs? Or is the next step to sue uefa?
Expulsion from European competition is one of the last punishments (see PSG) and by the time it gets that far the “Cartel5” will have already grown enough to meet P&L rules. The Sly6/Red and white cartel have tried for years to stop/sabotage any teams from challenging them and their place at the top through “FFP and P&S”, all of that is going to change and come tumbling down soon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom