The Great Big FFP Debate

Soldato
Oh i see, the period you are taking is a tiny timeframe. So you are ignoring the majority of the 60+ years since you actually last won something. What about when John Hall was your owner?
Yes we spent money during that time(just like other clubs), but were never relegated when we were owned by SJH or FS(boy it’s not often your right, but you’re wrong again), and we were consistently in the top half of the table with half of that time in spent in the top 6, we were also in the top 10 of Deloitte European money rankings for part of that time.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes we spent money during that time(just like other clubs), but were never relegated when we were owned by SJH or FS(boy it’s not often your right, but you’re wrong again), and we were consistently in the top half of the table with half of that time in spent in the top 6, we were also in the top 10 of Deloitte European money rankings for part of that time.
What about the years prior to Hall taking over?? oh and for what its worth you actually 'spent' more than arsenal between the premier league starting and ffp coming into effect, I'll also add that you spent more than Arsenal and Spurs and only 4 million less than Liverpool during the period you specifically mention but please do carry on crying about how the ladder has been pulled up so no one else can spend money, or the 'sly6' or whatever other childish insults you can think of.

Last edited:
Soldato
What about the years prior to Hall taking over?? oh and for what its worth you actually 'spent' more than arsenal between the premier league starting and ffp coming into effect, I'll also add that you spent more than Arsenal and Spurs and only 4 million less than Liverpool during the period you specifically mention but please do carry on crying about how the ladder has been pulled up so no one else can spend money, or the 'sly6' or whatever other childish insults you can think of.
You want to talk to me about the childish insults when you throw around the insults you did last night

Soldato
I have acknowledged who our owners are, I don’t see why I have to keep doing it over and over for people like you.
No instead you try some petty childlike whataboutism with the folks that sponser Liverpool that has zero bearing on the topic being discussed.

But as I said. Nice deflection.

Last edited:
Soldato
Transfer spend is for noobs.

Show us wage bills. Since thats the biggest factor for success.

See how much the Sly6 spend on wages compared to the rest of the league

Soldato
No instead you try some petty childlike whataboutism with the folks that sponser Liverpool that has zero bearing on the topic being discussed.

That you have failed to call out may I add, you said yesterday that “most Liverpool fans want them gone” yet there is not a peep from you fella about the subject. Hypocrite much.

Soldato

Tell you what, I will start every post one here with Saudi bad, will that help your eyes stop watering?

Last edited:
Soldato
That you have failed to call out may I add, you said yesterday that “most Liverpool fans want them gone” yet there is not a peep from you fella about the subject. Hypocrite much.
Did i not 'call them out' by stating the majority of Liverpool fans want them gone, if you want to discuss it, start a thread.

Soldato
Saudi bad
Are all newcastle fans so childish?
To me it is relevant to the FFP thread because it’s to do with the current sponsorship of Liverpool
I look forward to getting rid of them in 2027 and we can get someone else in that will pay us more money, because that's our 'market value' for being the most successful club in English football - something you lot want to skip because you are a vehicle for sportswashing that can pump unlimited money into your club, or something to do with mike ashley, it seems to change daily with you lot.

Soldato
Are all newcastle fans so childish?

I look forward to getting rid of them in 2027 and we can get someone else in that will pay us more money, because that's our 'market value' for being the most successful club in English football - something you lot want to skip because you are a vehicle for sportswashing that can pump unlimited money into your club, or something to do with mike ashley, it seems to change daily with you lot.
Edit

Last edited:
Caporegime
You say of course they do, are you talking about yourself personally?

To me it's a bit like a cheat mode for a game, yes you win.. but what's the point.. if winning is a given.. (or in this case purchased!!. may as well let the owners bribe the referee's and the biggest bribe gets all the decisions!!) :)

Sad really!! :(

Is it a fair and sustainable league when you had one or two teams with all the money and if you developed a player he was just mopped up with a big salary? Man United could take players almost at will from even their league rivals or other top 4-6 clubs.Cliubs have either been cheating or spent to the point of extinction to try to keep up and hold onto their players.

The smaller clubs need to make their own success through organic growth. Spurs have managed it and they were small time in 90's. Majorly inferior to Newcastle United in every metric. Now they have the best stadium in the country and consistently battling for Europe whilst not splashing cash.

Organic growth, absolutely hilarious. In 1970 yes, little tv coverage and fan bases largely grown locally. In the 1990-2010 you wouldn't have found a Man City fan in the south unless they moved here for work. You wouldn't find their kit for sale and you certaily didn't see kids wearing them or abroad. Timmy from Cambridge was not about to support City unless he dad was a Manc and made him. Fan bases are grown now off winning things, revenue abroad which is now so important is based of winning things. That's why Cambridge has so many 20-30+ year olds that support Man United. You can't grow organically enough to get close to matching revenue of the teams that will just take every good player you have for 3 or 4 times the wage.

City have almost certainly cheated somehow, yet still with fudging the figures. Inventing revenue or however else this forum and the press think they have done it are still only just about on parity with United for revenue and trasnfer fees. Yet you want to believe this can be done organically? Hilarious. So basically Aston Villa would need to somehow win the league for the next 15 years with players on 100k per week, while spending nothing on the infrastrucure of the club to 'organically grow' to still not being rich enough to be able to stop a player moving for 350k per week to United.

It's not fair, but it never has been. Show me the clubs that have won the league since 1985 that weren't the biggest 2 or 3 spenders in the league over a 5 year period. It will be a short list. Show me this organically grown teams.

You want fair, have a flat wage and transfer cap. The big clubs will be rolling in money, their share prices will increase and they could spend the money fixing their leaky roofs. But be honest, fair competition is not what you want, you want to return to the previous era where a club had a player and you said, we will take him. You want to get back to winning everything and pretending it's fair because it's you not them winning.

Back
Top Bottom