The Great Big FFP Debate

All this is showing me is that they are annoyed and all this is going to do is make the punishment even more severe. It is quite petty really with what is meant to be an "elite" organisation.
None of this will impact on what punishment City receive, if they are found guilty of the other charges.

I'm sure I wrote this a long time ago but I think people need to manage expectations regarding the other City case. I've read a few bits from lawyers over the years regarding that case and for the PL to prove their charges is going to take some effort. As Joe Public we read the leaked emails, detailing all the rules City were circumventing and think it should be an open and shut case however I've read one sports lawyer state that witness evidence from City directors and directors of the AD sponsors, denying what is claimed in the leaked emails, would carry more weight than the content of the emails. That seems mad to me but I'm no lawyer.

None of this will impact on what punishment City receive, if they are found guilty of the other charges.

I'm sure I wrote this a long time ago but I think people need to manage expectations regarding the other City case. I've read a few bits from lawyers over the years regarding that case and for the PL to prove their charges is going to take some effort. As Joe Public we read the leaked emails, detailing all the rules City were circumventing and think it should be an open and shut case however I've read one sports lawyer state that witness evidence from City directors and directors of the AD sponsors, denying what is claimed in the leaked emails, would carry more weight than the content of the emails. That seems mad to me but I'm no lawyer.
I remember reading somewhere that they are basically accusing a state of deception and fraud, which in essence won’t go down well with the uk or other governments

Last edited:
I remember reading somewhere that they are basically accusing a state of deception and fraud, which in essence won’t go down well with the uk government
They're accused of false accounting. What City were claiming to be commercial deals where in fact, according to leaked emails, owner funds. Below is one of a very long list of emails detailing City's alleged crimes:
FoWoncSaEAIPXHi.png
*ADUG = City's owners.

Back
Top Bottom