The Great Big FFP Debate

Ok, so your interpretation of quickly is that it would be done in 5 minutes? I now understand why you think there's been some backtracking now but I'd suggest that's down to your interpretation not as you say, what anybody with a brain interpreted.

As for what has changed in regards to presenting options to the clubs - I'm not sure, has anything been reported to say that's not still the plan? And there's a difference between a PL statement to the public and a private communication to clubs - the PL sending a letter to clubs doesn't imply their position has changed to what they've put in their statement. And we've not even seen the entire letter, just the odd half sentence.

Please can you link to the report saying clubs have changed their stance on APT rules, as you've claimed. I've read the Independent article (which is by Delaney, who you just laughed at btw) and one source comments on clubs abstaining on other (not APT rule) votes. There is no comment on any club changing their stance on APT rules. Good try though.
Everyone knew it would take a long time to solve this, its just the PL that had to come out with such arrogance of saying they will quickly remedy the situation like they just forgot to add milk to the shopping list. City's statement and further communications have clearly stirred the pot and the PL now realise its not "quick", hence more communications and the backtracking now. The PL aren't too clever with how they rush out statements though so hardly a surprise.

None of us are sure, thats what this forum is for, opinions on the information we do have available. We are all allowed to have an opinion on what we see and how we view it, no?
The PL sending a follow up letter to me indicates some change, using my sensible head, to me that comes off the back of the city letter and what that contained. Maybe its 2+2 = 6.

Lets see if this "plan" comes to fruition then, I will wager it doesn't and there are statements next week to that affect.

Yeah I don't read his articles, the guy is a complete charlatan who has been shown up on many occasions both publicly and privately.
You will forgive me for not trawling through the horrible indy website to find the specific article, I am sure we both have better things to do with our weekend.

Quickly is a subjective term but you openly admit yourself that anybody with a brain knew it would take weeks and it can certainly be argued that weeks is quick for such a matter.

And I knew you'd taken your information from twitter :D I'm sorry to tell you this but that tweet is made up nonsense. There is no article on the Independent that makes any such claim. The only articles on the subject are from Miguel Delaney and he does not once claim any club has changed its view on APT. The closest thing to such a claim is actually the reverse of the above, with him stating that City's approach has infuriated other clubs and even ones who were supportive of City have been left surprised by their actions.

And sadly not. This is my first free weekend in a couple of months and it coinciding with no proper football has left me with far too much time on my hands.

Quickly is a subjective term but you openly admit yourself that anybody with a brain knew it would take weeks and it can certainly be argued that weeks is quick for such a matter.

And I knew you'd taken your information from twitter :D I'm sorry to tell you this but that tweet is made up nonsense. There is no article on the Independent that makes any such claim. The only articles on the subject are from Miguel Delaney and he does not once claim any club has changed its view on APT. The closest thing to such a claim is actually the reverse of the above, with him stating that City's approach has infuriated other clubs and even ones who were supportive of City have been left surprised by their actions.

And sadly not. This is my first free weekend in a couple of months and it coinciding with no proper football has left me with far too much time on my hands.
It's a news aggregator with 760k followers. Not some parody fan account so seems an unusual thing to make up and even reference IndyFootball. It's there if you want to add a community note for misinformation.

In fact I'd go as far as saying Miguel Delaney is a parody account himself, not sure id give much credit to his thoughts but whatever fits your opinion I guess.

Well I'll leave you to it, must be something you can fill your time with.

It's a news aggregator with 760k followers. Not some parody fan account so seems an unusual thing to make up and even reference IndyFootball. It's there if you want to add a community note for misinformation.

In fact I'd go as far as saying Miguel Delaney is a parody account himself, not sure id give much credit to his thoughts but whatever fits your opinion I guess.

Well I'll leave you to it, must be something you can fill your time with.
I don't follow that account to be able to form an opinion of the accuracy of their tweets in general however if they're anything like Liverpool aggregators, it doesn't surprise me one bit that they're putting out made up nonsense. These types of accounts are notorious for lying, twisting words and or taking things out of context.

As for Delaney or any football journalist discussing this topic for that matter, I stick to what they're reporting City/the PL are briefing rather than their opinions.

Back
Top Bottom