The GTR is dead! Long live the cryptolambo!

Man of Honour
Young People seem to so much money these days it unreal..

Reality is for an increasing number a house, or atleast anything half reasonable, is almost out of reach so they just don't bother but live at home with parents or house share, etc. and the latest iphone and a very nice car, etc. are doable on finance.

Although official stats are a little less dramatic I notice from Facebook and family, etc. a lot of people of my age group haven't bought their first property until well into their 30s while my parents generation most were well before 30.

Soldato
Reality is for an increasing number a house, or atleast anything half reasonable, is almost out of reach so they just don't bother but live at home with parents or house share, etc. and the latest iphone and a very nice car, etc. are doable on finance.

Although official stats are a little less dramatic I notice from Facebook and family, etc. a lot of people of my age group haven't bought their first property until well into their 30s while my parents generation most were well before 30.

Very true, however you just have to be patient, I mean I could buy a GTR or F-Type R tomorrow if I wanted to and could quite easily afford it based on my outgoings.

However I don't want to stay at my parents house forever, I want to to save up for my own place and more important than that is to work for myself. I don't know if it's the right choice but I've been told I can do one or the other and not both :(

OcUK Staff
Really happy for you mate. What a dream. I thought AM at 28 was good going :D this tops that. one day I will own one of these!

Ain’t it when I got a Saleen at 26 I was over the moon or maybe it was because it was a Mustang, just Saleen made it all the more special.

Lambo at 30 is an achievement for sure!

It’s a stunning car for sure and I think Jon has certainly got himself a good one been a low miles and low owned car in such a good specification, the interior is something else, looks incredible in the flesh and I know for Jon he may flip it in relative short term to move onto the next new thing but as a long term purchase I can’t see a car like this losing money and yellow is absolutely best colour for one of these.

Seriously in the flesh you can see why a car like a Lambo or Ferrari just has something other cars don’t have, there is a real presence.

It sounded awesome on the road and was smaller and easier to place on the road than the GTR, it’s crazy how a Lambo feels small on the road compared to a GTR, cars have got too big that’s for sure.

Enjoy it Jon, you now have the pleasure of driving a Lambo whenever you wish, it’s your dream so enjoy it. For me all those years ago it was the Saleen and though it was nowhere near the car of what I’ve owned since it was the most special in many ways. :)

Soldato
Ain’t it when I got a Saleen at 26 I was over the moon or maybe it was because it was a Mustang, just Saleen made it all the more special.

Lambo at 30 is an achievement for sure!

It’s a stunning car for sure and I think Jon has certainly got himself a good one been a low miles and low owned car in such a good specification, the interior is something else, looks incredible in the flesh and I know for Jon he may flip it in relative short term to move onto the next new thing but as a long term purchase I can’t see a car like this losing money and yellow is absolutely best colour for one of these.

Seriously in the flesh you can see why a car like a Lambo or Ferrari just has something other cars don’t have, there is a real presence.

It sounded awesome on the road and was smaller and easier to place on the road than the GTR, it’s crazy how a Lambo feels small on the road compared to a GTR, cars have got too big that’s for sure.

Enjoy it Jon, you now have the pleasure of driving a Lambo whenever you wish, it’s your dream so enjoy it. For me all those years ago it was the Saleen and though it was nowhere near the car of what I’ve owned since it was the most special in many ways. :)

Exactly well said.

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Enjoy it Jon, you now have the pleasure of driving a Lambo whenever you wish, it’s your dream so enjoy it

Absolutely its been the dream and now i get to live it.

And i know there will be haters but **** them i have a lambo :D:D

What a great little trip to be honest. Cars and then the awesome night at @crinkleshoes pad!

OcUK Staff
When do we get vids of V10 noises

I have some, but if weather is good at weekend Jon might pop round mine before I pop on my flight to US and we shall try to get some videos, otherwise I am sure Jon will sort some once weather improves. It certainly does sound awesome though, you can hear it for miles as well, it just screams.

I am not a Gallardo fan from a driving perspective, but the presence it has, the looks and the noise are really on another level, but I guess that is Lamborghini for you, they simply never age, surprising thing was how small it looked on the road compared to the GTR. :)

OcUK Staff
Does this one have launch control that works? :D

Even if it did he would never use it!
But in fairness its gearbox is like SMG2/3 but worse, I think the LC can totally destroy it, even driving in auto or none sport causes real massive wear on an E-gear, and reverse, well it can't do reverse, totally wears the clutch out. ;)

I've launched my M3 once, probably won't bother again as its so abusive on the entire drive train, is a lot of fun though. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I am not a Gallardo fan from a driving perspective, but the presence it has, the looks and the noise are really on another level, but I guess that is Lamborghini for you, they simply never age, surprising thing was how small it looked on the road compared to the GTR. :)

They are pretty small by today's standards.

I think its the doors that go up which does it for me. A bit of a gimmick but its classic Lamborghini style.

I also found the pedals a absolute nightmare when I first jumped in one (all Lamborghini's seem to be the same). Don't know if it is something that happens because its RHD and not LHD how its designed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom