• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Well I think my Titan X might be broken.

It now locks up straight away under any kind of load as soon as the scene loads, whether it's a game or benchmark.

Edit: It seems the card is boosting itself to silly clocks and voltage on its own.

Core clock and voltage shown were in GPU-Z render test.

R32rHma.png

I've uninstalled any overclocking software but it's still doing it.

I had the same with maxair bios, swapped it back to EVGA SC and all is good.

So 119mv on MSI afterburner?

Not sure afterburner will allow you to go that high? Max the slider on AB and check what voltage GPU-Z reports under load.

I had the same with maxair bios, swapped it back to EVGA SC and all is good.

Good to know, does the bios get stuck or something and just try to load the max boost and voltage it can under load?

Good to know, does the bios get stuck or something and just try to load the max boost and voltage it can under load?
It tried to load max boost as soon as put under load. Instant freeze for me. But mileage can vary, mine is on air and ASIC only of 65%.

Last edited:
Something weird i found when using maxair bios with the previous MSI Afterburner was it would report it was running at 1518mhz with 0 overclock on the core clock slider and gave artifacts in game and crashed soon after.

On another forum it was suggested it was a bug so i was running -90 (max i could lower it) overclock which in game would show each card running at 1418mhz which was stable.

Installed the latest Afterburner (Titan-x Added) with 0 overclock on core and it was reading 1240mhz or something so upped it 150 and now its reporting 1390mhz in game which is perfectly stable (haven't pushed it more yet as haven't had time) i also ran GPU-Z this time which is showing I'm running at 1390mhz

So either it was running at 1418 or it was bugged i have no idea but games running at 60fps - Gsync maxed so i didn't really take much notice as i don't benchmark

After an honest answer, just how loud are these cards when gaming?

I've only ever had 1 reference cooler which was on a sapphire 290 & it was the noisiest thing I've ever used.
I know you can mess around with custom fan profiles, but in general what are they really like.

I've currently got 2x Gigabyte G1 970s which are fairly quiet when gaming, fans probably hit 60% & Temps around 65-70c after a couple of hours.

Last edited:

I've only ever had 1 reference cooler which was on a sapphire 290 & it was the noisiest thing I've ever used.
I know you can mess around with custom fan profiles, but in general what are they really like.

I've currently got 2x Gigabyte G1 970s which are fairly quiet when gaming, fans probably hit 60% & Temps around 65-70c after a couple of hours.

Thats what it sounds like when on the normal fan profile (max ~57%) I think

That's outside the case, so lower usually if your case dampens the noise. Higher with a custom fan profile.

Honest answer, after having aftermarket coolers, single and in sli, this one is too loud for me. To keep it around 70C you have to put fan on 70%, which is loud. Fortunately we have option to swap reference cooler for EVGA AIO or ACX2. It costs extra on top of £900 though:)

Honest answer, after having aftermarket coolers, single and in sli, this one is too loud for me. To keep it around 70C you have to put fan on 70%, which is loud. Fortunately we have option to swap reference cooler for EVGA AIO or ACX2. It costs extra on top of £900 though:)

What is wrong with keeping the card @80c with a lower fan speed.:)

I keep mine at 60-65% to keep it below 80 degrees. It is loud but not distractingly so (when you're in game you won't hear it). Although that's subjective.

Is anyone planning to buy the ACX 2.0 Cooler? It's avaialble now on the EVGA EU site. I'm personally waiting for the Hydro Copper though. Since I really want to avoid SLI, being able to clock to 1500+ from 1350 on air should result in a substantial performance boost.

I keep mine at 60-65% to keep it below 80 degrees. It is loud but not distractingly so (when you're in game you won't hear it). Although that's subjective.

Is anyone planning to buy the ACX 2.0 Cooler? It's avaialble now on the EVGA EU site. I'm personally waiting for the Hydro Copper though. Since I really want to avoid SLI, being able to clock to 1500+ from 1350 on air should result in a substantial performance boost.

how does the titan x perform on ultrawide?

Back
Top Bottom