• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Is anyone planning to buy the ACX 2.0 Cooler? It's avaialble now on the EVGA EU site. I'm personally waiting for the Hydro Copper though. Since I really want to avoid SLI, being able to clock to 1500+ from 1350 on air should result in a substantial performance boost.
I want 1500 as well, ACX2.0 is no good for it. I think I will go with Evga AIO for 980, I am fed up with waiting for Titan X AIO version. Is it even confirmed at all?

Thats what it sounds like when on the normal fan profile (max ~57%) I think

That's outside the case, so lower usually if your case dampens the noise. Higher with a custom fan profile.

'loud' is a very objective term.

That to me sounds like a whisper compared to SLI GTX 580's with non reference coolers, in an MATX case :D I could hear my cards idling over that video even with the sound turned up to the maximum (wearing headphones, it's on the edge of too loud on normal youtube videos).

A proper db reading would be a better way of saying how loud they are. I'm interested as I'll eventually be going 980ti SLI and the noise/temps should be similar to the Titan X.

how does the titan x perform on ultrawide?

At 3440x1440 I can play many AAA titles at very high/ultra settings using basic anti aliasing such as FXAA.

I play GTA V for example with 'very high' across the board including grass and can even use extended shadows and high detail while flying, and still maintain 60 FPS with drops being very rare.

Shadow of Mordor and Dragon Age Inquisition play at 60 FPS at near maximum settings, with the former requiring ambient occlusion set to 'High' instead of 'Ultra' and the latter requiring either a drop in mesh quality or a scaling down of resolution to 95% in order to avoid drops during big fights. MSAA of course has to be turned off altogether, but the game looks absolutely stunning nonetheless in this aspect ratio and resolution.

It's more of a whoosh than a whine with the TX cooler so that's why I don't mind it, plus I game with headphones.

Agree, the sound signature of the fan definitely makes it much more tolerable at high RPMs.

Last edited:
At 3440x1440 I can play many AAA titles at very high/ultra settings using basic anti aliasing such as FXAA.

I play GTA V for example with 'very high' across the board including grass and can even use extended shadows and high detail while flying, and still maintain 60 FPS with drops being very rare.

Shadow of Mordor and Dragon Age Inquisition play at 60 FPS at near maximum settings, with the former requiring ambient occlusion set to 'High' instead of 'Ultra' and the latter requiring either a drop in mesh quality or a scaling down of resolution to 95% in order to avoid drops during big fights. MSAA of course has to be turned off altogether, but the game looks absolutely stunning nonetheless in this aspect ratio and resolution.

Agree, the sound signature of the fan definitely makes it much more tolerable at high RPMs.

I'm playing GTA V with everything pretty much on the max and I get between 42 and 45 fps. It's nice and smooth though and I can't tell the difference between the 60 fps I was getting on my 1440 monitor.

Im correct in assuming that every single one of these Titan X's are identical under the hood right? im just wondering because there is a price differential on some of them, im assuming thats purely because of brand recognition? :)

Im correct in assuming that every single one of these Titan X's are identical under the hood right? im just wondering because there is a price differential on some of them, im assuming thats purely because of brand recognition? :)

The EVGA SC version have a factory overclock out of the box .. but can be applied to stock titan x without the extra $ premium

the rest is personal preference and warrantys

Thats what it sounds like when on the normal fan profile (max ~57%) I think

That's outside the case, so lower usually if your case dampens the noise. Higher with a custom fan profile.

the Arctic Accelero was 48 degrees max on near silence, but has a massive finned backplate, so unfortunately it looked really ugly.............that was with a full OC as well :eek:

but if you dont worry about looks, then at 65 quid it's very good

Back
Top Bottom