• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Soldato
Have any of you managed to find and mount any 3rd party non AIO cooling solution on your Titan X's? Im asking as im looking into it myself for my 980ti and dont want water myself.

Have a pair of Titan X EVGA ACX coolers on order. Should be here Wednesday / Thursday and will give my two cents then.

Actually had one arrive already for a another card but the middle retention plate was totally wrong. Looked like it was for a GTX 980 or something. Not sure how that managed to get packaged in :confused: (pic below)

Either way I expect temps will not be too far off the current GTX 980Ti's that come with the cooler. Be interesting to see how they stack up against the reference design in my current case + SLI config. Hoping to shave 10 of so degrees off or run quieter.

DSCN1301.jpg

DSCN1322.jpg

Soldato
Here's a question for those with a pair of Titan Xs and two 4K monitors: are your TXs at low speed or high speed when at the desktop? I love my 28" Samsung for gaming (high DPI means awesome graphics) and love the two 24" Dells in portrait mode for browsing forums, but I'm wondering if a Philips 40" would silence my TXs and thus be a quiet replacement for the Dells.

Associate
Here's a question for those with a pair of Titan Xs and two 4K monitors: are your TXs at low speed or high speed when at the desktop? I love my 28" Samsung for gaming (high DPI means awesome graphics) and love the two 24" Dells in portrait mode for browsing forums, but I'm wondering if a Philips 40" would silence my TXs and thus be a quiet replacement for the Dells.
I have two monitors and the Titans are idle on just the desktop. Is it just one card that's loud for you or do both fire up?

Associate
Although not 4k I have a 3440x1440 and a 2560x1440 monitor and my pair of Titans sit at idle unless I'm gaming.
Can't see why your cards wouldn't be at idle with just the desktop. My laptop has a 3k screen and a single 980 and it's silent till I start a game. Trust me. You know when it's using the GPU!! :(

Soldato

Sold a Titan X few weeks back on the bay. Buyer kept complaining the GPU was sitting at high loads and running hot. 60 degrees at 810 Mhz constantly on the desktop. Turns out it was his monitor which runs at 144 Hz.

If I recall correctly he lowered the resolution on the desktop to 120 Hz and in games set as 144Hz which solved the issue. May be worth messing around and setting the desktop resolution slightly lower to 50Hz or something?

Caporegime
Any TX owners running 1500mhz+ able to tell me how, using 1.274v on a custom BIOS and temps are around 40c under load and I can't even do a 3dmark firestrike extreme run without it crashing/resetting driver.

Edit: Looks like it's the VRAM that won't do 2000mhz, 1500mhz core with stock VRAM ran fine.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes, my core is a about the same, ram goes to 2000mhz for me, it can go to 2100mhz depending on the benchmark.

I run 1485/2000 as my 24/7.

Soldato
Will the EK backplate fit or is that only for cards with the EK waterblock installed.

Nope they don't fasten down without an EK block. Having said that from my aborted plan to watercool, I have a pair of EK plates and just have them floating on top of the card as there are cut-outs for the screws and put the thermal pads in place. Don't seem to make a difference to thermals, but does look nice.

Back
Top Bottom