• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Soldato
I just read the bit-tech review which sums it up well. Great single GPU card, **** poor value.

Surprised they removed the DP, I thought that was one of their main reasons for charging so much on the original Titan. Now they have no excuse, but have data that suggests people will pay anyway so why not I suppose. lol

What does the DP do anyway?

Soldato
I just read the bit-tech review which sums it up well. Great single GPU card, **** poor value.

Surprised they removed the DP, I thought that was one of their main reasons for charging so much on the original Titan. Now they have no excuse, but have data that suggests people will pay anyway so why not I suppose. lol

Some regular posts here would buy it even if it was 10% slower than it is, they are very devoted to these cards.

Obviously the vast majority will wait to see the inevitable GTX980 TI 6/8GB and the 390/390X 4/8GB, since by the time games actually use 12GB, these cards will be shiny keyrings, eclipsed by midrange cards.

Soldato

I have a feeling the original titan impacted sales of their pro(quadro ?) line of cards. Uni's and the like seem to have bought loads from what I've seen/read

Soldato
After having read some proper info and a few reviews I'm slightly put off, For the price I'd expect astronomically better performance than the 980.

Gonna wait and see what AMD has coming.

Soldato
I'm staying put on my 980's, they sit pretty at 1500/8000 and a Titan X isn't going to touch them in most games whilst likely costing more.

Will wait for 390x/980Ti.

Soldato
For someone who skipped the 980 because it wasn't the full fat card makes this Titan X a monster upgrade :D

Can't wait to get some of them with waterblocks and start working on my project again!

Soldato
Bi' weird as my mate from Liverpool says.

So the compute seems rather poo really. Shame, but then bit tech summed it up perfectly.

Absolutely nothing here for me though, not as an already Titan Black owner.

50% more performance overall would be nice, but I'd lose compute and it ain't worth no touching on two bags of sand.

Come on AMD, sor ta toot (as my Scottish mate would say).

Soldato
Do people rec that we should stay SLI 980 or go titan x, will end up with 2 at some point if i do switch

Sense says absolutely not. 50% more performance for 200% more cash.*

This card is a triumph like the original, but in ways a complete failure. Just like the 680 before it the 980 puts up an awfully good show in SLI. More than enough to make you not bother with one Titan X, and two is quite insane. A good insane, but insane when it comes to £ to performance.

Wait for the 390x. Even if you hate AMD it will do one thing and that's force Nvidia to make the card we're all waiting for any way, the 6gb 980ti or whatever they call it this time around.

*That could be wrong. I've just spent five hours braiding cables so my brain is a little cooked.

Caporegime
I don't do enough (but a fair bit) in Sony Vegas to worry about it and the rendering times are quick enough already in fairness. I primarily game and it delivers what I need for 1440P and at a price I am happy to pay.

For those that say it is too expensive for the gains, fair one and the 390X isn't that far away and I would expect a 6GB cut down 980Ti as well to compete. So for those like me who are impatient, I am sold but for those with patience, enjoy :)

Back
Top Bottom