• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

@Born to Kill, I have a H440 and my card is idling too hot. 40 degreeish. I've taken the front off, but what else have you done. I'm worried about the implications for my card :(

I have a H440 and my card is idling too hot. 40 degreeish. I've taken the front off, but what else have you done. I'm worried about the implications for my card :(

You need high static pressure fans on the front of your case, leave the filter on, and I've also taken 2X PCI-E back slots off as well to push the air under and past the card. Idling at 29C here.

See my roll of honour pic above for setup.

Last edited:
So running Heaven benchmark on repeat gets me a max temp of 83. Seems stable at that temp. Does that seem too high to anyone? I don't know my ambient temps right now, but I'd say it's above average warmth in here. My fan only spins up to about 47% of it's max RPM apparently.

Enabling MSI afterburner to control the temps makes me idle at 32ish degrees, but my fan is spinning at about 40%. Does that sound better?

You gamed for a while at those clocks dan?

Impressive if so.

Still testing seems stable so far in dying light, tomb raider, shadow or mordor still have others to test :)

Finally crashed had to dial the OC down to +240mhz on the core seems stable now with a max temp of 86c memory seems fine at 8000mhz great card i think :)

Last edited:
Can others please comment on the noise also, especially in comparison to a GTX 980? I'm looking to pick one of these up next week and I'm coming from a EVGA GTX 980 SC where I had the fans at 40% rarely going past 70 degrees at 1500mhz.

1- my titan x's are spot on for loudness.
2- I did a comparison on ESO 4k 690 30-60 fps. medium settings all bells and whisltes turned off
ESO 4k Titan X SLI 60-99 fps ultra everything turned on

did a firestarter bench 18k , then a 17.8k I am a complete novice with benchmarking but it said 99% slower cpu 3770k 4.2Ghz gpu core 1200 mem 3600

sorry for being vague. ive never done this stuff since 7800gt's lol so can't remember much

Back
Top Bottom