• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Associate
Netgear stick... oh the grief I had with that thing.

Well done on the Titan and welcome btw :D

Thanks man,

yeah im being sociable today so the pc is downstairs where there is no lan cable.

The netgear stick is just a backup connection, hehe.

Porting all my HDD's to SSD's anyway so im just really keeping an eye on things.

Man of Honour
OP
TROH updated.:)

The Roll of Honour.

Make EVGA SC, Kaapstad, Link
Make EVGA SC, Gregster, Link
Make Gigabyte, Gregster, Link
Make EVGA, magpie1966, Link
Make EVGA SC, Cosimo, Link
Make MSI, Orangey, Link
Make Gigabyte, BG1980, Link
Make Gigabyte, Boomstick777, Link
Make EVGA SC, andrewohare, Link
Make Gigabyte, Born_2_Kill_83, Link
Make EVGA, Silent_Scone, Link
Make Gigabyte, tipes, Link
Make EVGA SC, ITANI, Link
Make MSI, Five.Stars, Link
Make Gigabyte, Nocky24, Link
Make Gigabyte, mac40, Link
Make Gigabyte, africanos23, Link
Make Gigabyte, Ayahuasca, Link
Make EVGA SC, fantasticCG, Link
Make Gigabyte, darket, Link
Make Gigabyte, Scimitar1, Link
Make MSI, Drojman, Link
Make Gigabyte, SS-89, Link
Make MSI, ndaar, Link
Make MSI, VEGACORTEZ, Link
Make Asus, 8 Pack, Link
Make Asus, gerardfraser, Link
Make EVGA SC, Evil Shubunkin, Link
Make Gigabyte, wunkley, Link
Make Gigabyte, crinkleshoes, Link
Make MSI, VincentHanna, Link
Make Gigabyte, Amidar, Link
Make Gigabyte, Twisted Kid, Link
Make EVGA, romanlegion13th, Link
Make EVGA, danw872, Link
Make Gigabyte, davisdavid, Link
Make Palit, Watlinguk, Link
Make Palit, TTomax, Link
Make Gigabyte, seth1969, Link
Make Palit, straxusii, Link
Make Asus, Firefox35, Link
Make Gigabyte, GarryO, Link
Make NVidia Direct, Seyumi, Link
Make Gigabyte, Mal X, Link
Make Gigabyte, Budge4, Link
Make Palit, Quartz, Link
Make EVGA SC, whyscotty, Link
Make EVGA, ^JP^, Link
Make Palit, Meaker, Link
Make Gigabyte, cwgk91, Link
Make Gigabyte, andy_taximan, Link
Make Gigabyte, hexblitz86, Link
Make MSI, garymcq23, Link
Make Palit, SpeckleD, Link
Make Gigabyte, jim0082, Link
Make EVGA, vasilltino, Link
Make EVGA SC, Aylan1196, Link
Make Gigabyte, cadmunkey, Link
Make EVGA, Shamrock, Link
Make EVGA SC, Genjuro82, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your TitanX.​

Associate
Congratulations...how long did you have to wait, when you ordered it? Since there's quite a backlog from what I've read here?

Well in my haste i originally ordered a standard evga card, but about 10 days later i changed to an sc one, so from that date i would say its been about 20 days. 30 days total. I was losing my mind.... seriously. Its all down to the suppliers though, ocuk were amazing as usual.

Associate
My msi is a beauty will get my photo uploaded tomorrow. Not had time to really push it. Just playing gta at minute. Such an improvement over my 570s. Hopefully this card lasts me a while too.

Soldato
Just been testing it in GTA V, stupidly closed Precision X though so it was running at 84c and throttling slightly as it was using the stock fan profile.

Switched to the aggressive one and it was staying around 60-65c when gaming and no throttling, voltage is set at 1.255 with these BIOS. To be honest temps don't seem to be any higher than they were at 1.21 or whatever they are on the SC bios.

I wasn't getting throttling on either BIOS but my card has quite a low ASIC and I'm not sure the voltage on the SC bios was fully stable for the OC I was running.

Thanks for the update - may give mine a go.

Soldato
i thought Nvidia wasn't allowing anyone to mod TX ???????? i think you'll find that wont be allowed.

i'm not sure about that tiny 80mm fan to cool the RAM Heatsink, it's virtually useless.....it should be about 100mm to move enough air.............that RAM gets extremely hot

Last edited:
Soldato
i thought Nvidia wasn't allowing anyone to mod TX ???????? i think you'll find that wont be allowed.

i'm not sure about that tiny 80mm fan to cool the RAM Heatsink, it's virtually useless.....it should be about 100mm to move enough air.............that RAM gets extremely hot

EVGA hydracopper.. But from what i understand Those ichills arent allowed to be sold in europe or somesuch

Soldato

One of two things they can do...

1. Wave all warranty with nvidia, possibly upsetting them in the process.

2. Ship the card with the stock cooler and the customer cooler, have the end user fit the aftermarket part. Gigabyte did this with the original titan and windforce cooler iirc, the extra cost was sickening as you inevitably end up paying for two coolers.

Soldato
sell it separately like the Kraken and not with the card.
because Nvidia object to companies modifying the card, but not the individual doing so.

but that cooler looks wrong anyway..cheap and nasty, even the backplate looks horrid, someone actually designed one on AutoCAD but was quoted 1000 quid for making it.

http://glob3trotters.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/85.jpg

that looks really nice !

Last edited:
Associate
because Nvidia object to companies modifying the card, but not the individual doing so.

but that cooler looks wrong anyway..cheap and nasty, even the backplate looks horrid, someone actually designed one on AutoCAD but was quoted 1000 quid for making it.

that looks really nice !

Yeah i'm a fan of this

Soldato

that looks really nice !

I hate gold things, so tacky.

Soldato
So that inno3d titan x cooler thing - says only 5db quieter than the original cooler in the specs. That's not much of a reduction at all is it?

How much quieter is the NZXT kraken thing? I'm looking to get one of these closed loop easier things to watercool my next build in a few months. What's the best thing to buy for a GPU at the moment? (Will be for a titan x or '980ti')

Back
Top Bottom