The gypsy problem

Associate
OP
Is this the same as The Jewish Problem?

Was Hitler right when he put the gypsies in with them?

If the answer is not no, then why not you just do it yourself.
Ah ha ha ha! Really, that's so weak it's laughable.

Hey, I understand, it can be difficult to comprehend nuance. No need to go full strawman, never go full full strawman.

Caporegime
Ah ha ha ha! Really, that's so weak it's laughable.

Hey, I understand, it can be difficult to comprehend nuance. No need to go full strawman, never go full full strawman.

Nuance? There is no nuance in the title of this thread.

Anyway, the solution is more police and if it's not enough, the next solution is more police until it is resolved.

Associate
OP
The money goes exactly where it should be going, but there just isn't enough of it as the UK's tax burden, despite what the nation has been conditioned to believe, is chronically low.

https://www.ifs.org.uk/publications/14256

If there wasn't so much chronic wasting of money there would probably be enough for everything but we have creaky old systems that should be independently audited. Suddenly those champagne lunches for MPs stop being allowed on 'old faithful', the expenses account.

Soldato
If there wasn't so much chronic wasting of money there would probably be enough for everything but we have creaky old systems that should be independently audited. Suddenly those champagne lunches for MPs stop being allowed on 'old faithful', the expenses account.

Every central public system has inherent inefficiencies within it. That doesn't mean that it should be accepted - far from it - but equally it doesn't mean that those inefficiencies should be trotted out every time to try and defend the basic fact that the UK willingly underfunds state investment, and has done for a long, long time. MP's expenses, in this scenario, is just pure deflection.

Associate
OP
Nuance? There is no nuance in the title of this thread.

Anyway, the solution is more police and if it's not enough, the next solution is more police until it is resolved.

I see you've edited your post. So when will that be? When will there be enough? All the police are getting to retirement age and uptake is slow. Forces are lucky to get 30 people a year. So yeah, we could raise taxes, do recruitment drives, train the applicants, assign them to troubled areas. Should be doable in 5 years, 10 tops.

Or we could just utilise a resource already at hand.

Caporegime
We haven't had enough police for decades, that is blatantly true regardless of specific populations of criminality. I don't really care about the logistics of it, that's the government's job, just get it done.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
We haven't had enough police for decades, that is blatently true regardless of specific populations of criminality. I don't really care about the logistics of it, just get it done, that's the government's job.
Much easier to hand it off. I agree, much simpler than trying to think of a solution for yourself.

Easy life all way baby, "someone else's problem".

Do you really think the government is capable of getting anything done? I mean, after years the 'big result' from being part of the EU was call roaming. There are thousands of people that all get paid to achieve nothing.

After nearly 5 months have we got PPE for medical staff? How are those 100k tests coming along?

Man of Honour
I see you've edited your post. So when will that be? When will there be enough? All the police are getting to retirement age and uptake is slow. Forces are lucky to get 30 people a year. So yeah, we could raise taxes, do recruitment drives, train the applicants, assign them to troubled areas. Should be doable in 5 years, 10 tops.

Or we could just utilise a resource already at hand.

But there isn't. Military and police are very different resources, which is why they're not sent to do each other's jobs. They could give it a go in an emergency, but they're very far from interchangeable.

To implement your plan, you would have to have the army authorised and willing to deliberately kill civilians in your own country. You said yourself it was a show of force, which means that you have to be willing and able to apply that force. In the case of the army, the force is deadly force. Even when military forces are there to keep the peace, they're there to keep the peace by force - the message is "keep the peace or be killed". Military forces can be deployed in a non-military capacity where a quick response by a large group of people well trained in working together is useful. Disaster relief, for example. But not as force to replace police. The "force" part would mean deploying military forces in a military capacity.

Caporegime
But there isn't. Military and police are very different resources, which is why they're not sent to do each other's jobs. They could give it a go in an emergency, but they're very far from interchangeable.

To implement your plan, you would have to have the army authorised and willing to deliberately kill civilians in your own country. You said yourself it was a show of force, which means that you have to be willing and able to apply that force. In the case of the army, the force is deadly force. Even when military forces are there to keep the peace, they're there to keep the peace by force - the message is "keep the peace or be killed". Military forces can be deployed in a non-military capacity where a quick response by a large group of people well trained in working together is useful. Disaster relief, for example. But not as force to replace police. The "force" part would mean deploying military forces in a military capacity.

We've literally been doing this in Northern Ireland for decades, so it's not exactly some new idea nobody's ever tried before.

Caporegime
They are terrorising entire communities. Softly, softly doesn't work.

What communities are they terrorising?

I have only really heard of one case where they ended up being evicted off a farm.

I'm sure there may be a few more here and there but the truth of the matter is they are now living in houses and over time are integrating into society and give it another 2 generations and they won't know what gypsies are. They will be an extreme minority in time.

I've had a few collect stuff I've put on gumtree for free. Never had an issue with them. I've also had some offer to clean my monoblock driveway and roof, I've declined and never had any issues.

Caporegime
What communities are they terrorising?

I have only really heard of one case where they ended up being evicted off a farm.

I'm sure there may be a few more here and there but the truth of the matter is they are now living in houses and over time are integrating into society and give it another 2 generations and they won't know what gypsies are. They will be an extreme minority in time.

I've had a few collect stuff I've put on gumtree for free. Never had an issue with them. I've also had some offer to clean my monoblock driveway and roof, I've declined and never had any issues.

Lol! You really are on a different planet aren't you?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-44313866

Are those houses they've parked in the entrance there?

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/caravan-convoy-crash-m5-arrests-4033113

Are those houses that they were driving down the road in a convoy during lockdown?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...UK-average-police-say-fear-called-racist.html

"It follows an investigation by Channel 4 Dispatches finding crime near traveller sites is around 50 per cent higher than the national average"

I guess that's because they're all lovely and law abiding...oh...wait.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/560727/Gypsies-spent-1m-government-handout-huge-cannabis-farm

I personally found that one to be a bit of a bonus.

Caporegime
Lol! You really are on a different planet aren't you?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-44313866

Are those houses they've parked in the entrance there?

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/caravan-convoy-crash-m5-arrests-4033113

Are those houses that they were driving down the road in a convoy during lockdown?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...UK-average-police-say-fear-called-racist.html

"It follows an investigation by Channel 4 Dispatches finding crime near traveller sites is around 50 per cent higher than the national average"

I guess that's because they're all lovely and law abiding...oh...wait.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/560727/Gypsies-spent-1m-government-handout-huge-cannabis-farm

I personally found that one to be a bit of a bonus.

No issues up here. I've never had any issues with them and I've never heard of anyone having any trouble with them.

My mate even gets one to clean his roof and driveway every year

Soldato
We have two sets of them here , Resident non traveling travelers and the ***** interlopers . Resident clan are not to bad and keep to themselves , the others not so much and cause trouble and neither set like each other .

Back
Top Bottom