THE HAF IS BACK! Cooler Master's H500P & Cosmos C700P

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
https://www.techpowerup.com/237587/...h500p-atx-chassis-on-october-10th-for-usd-149

Cooler Master to Release MasterCase H500P ATX Chassis on October 10th for $149

Cooler Master seems to be gearing up towards launch of their MasterCase H500P ATX Chassis on October 10th, according to a product listing on Newegg. The MasterCase H500P was first pictured during this year's Computex. It's being touted as the successor to Cooler Master's HAF (High AirFlow) cases, boasting of 2x 200 mm fans with RGB lighting as front intakes.

The MasterCase H500P has been stylized with a high quality, 3D-printed exoskeleton look, and features a built-in vertical installation slot for your 2-slot graphics card of choice (which could pose problems due to airflow restriction, though we should reserve judgement for now.) There are cable management covers, a side window made of tempered glass, a PSU shroud, and radiator support stands at 120 mm, 140 mm, 240 mm, 280 mm and 360 mm for the front of the chassis; 120 mm, 140 mm, 240 mm, 280 mm and 360 mm for the top (with a maximum thickness clearance of 55 mm), and a 120 mm or 140 mm radiator on the rear panel. Front ports include 2x USB 3.0/ 2x USB 2.0 and Audio In & Out. The Cooler Master MasterCase H500P ATX Chassis is now available for pre-order from Newegg for $149.

So hopefully we will be able to get these for under £150 here. The only thing that might stop me from rushing to buy this is the front panel which only has 2x USB 3.0 and 2x USB 2. My 4 year old Phantom 820 has 2x USB 3.0 and 4x USB 2.0 for god sakes. If it had the same as the C700P which has 4x USB 3.0 and one USB 3.1 it would have been perfect. Strange choice by Coolermaster.

I will likely now just wait until 2019 when I will be doing a full build and hope that by then they update the front panel by then.

Soldato
https://www.techpowerup.com/237587/...h500p-atx-chassis-on-october-10th-for-usd-149

So hopefully we will be able to get these for under £150 here. The only thing that might stop me from rushing to buy this is the front panel which only has 2x USB 3.0 and 2x USB 2. My 4 year old Phantom 820 has 2x USB 3.0 and 4x USB 2.0 for god sakes. If it had the same as the C700P which has 4x USB 3.0 and one USB 3.1 it would have been perfect. Strange choice by Coolermaster.

I will likely now just wait until 2019 when I will be doing a full build and hope that by then they update the front panel by then.

I only need 2 usb's in front panel. I'm getting this case.Looking forward to reviews.

Associate
I'll watch the reviews after work out of curiosity,but overall to me it's too flashy and bulky + plastic clear panels spoil it:/

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
H500P not fairing well on Gamers Nexus... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRsb4C5gLLc :(

What a disappointment. Love the look of the case and it made me want to upgrade from mine, now I have zero plans to do so. CoolerMaster screwed it up badly.

They need to make another version and address all the concerns in the video. Airflow needs to be much better and for god sakes it is 2017, have the latest connections on the front of the case!

I only need 2 usb's in front panel. I'm getting this case.Looking forward to reviews.
Enjoy :)

I kid I kid :p

Soldato
What a disappointment. Love the look of the case and it made me want to upgrade from mine, now I have zero plans to do so. CoolerMaster screwed it up badly.

They need to make another version and address all the concerns in the video. Airflow needs to be much better and for god sakes it is 2017, have the latest connections on the front of the case!

Enjoy :)

I kid I kid :p

Don't care about front usb's. Just saw the review and the case sucks. Looking at the Fractal Design Meshify C or Corsair Crystal 460X

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Don't care about front usb's. Just saw the review and the case sucks. Looking at the Fractal Design Meshify C or Corsair Crystal 460X
Yeah, you did make it clear you did not care about the front panel in your previous post, but I and I am sure many others do care. I would have overlooked it if they had got everything else right, but alas they did not :(

Soldato
This may be one of the most disappointing case releases in recent memory.

I had been waiting for it, as my BitFenix Shinobi is somewhat limited for my needs - but it seems like the H500P is a average £70 case at a premium price point.

Sort it out CoolerMaster.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think the reviews have mostly been so damning because they had high hopes too, plus the price compared to eventual quality (for example I didn't want them to include those fancy cable shields at the back so price could come down/go into better quality, it's a gimmick especially since the side panel there is not transparent). I would imagine it would be best to wait for CoolerMaster to revision the case. It still has a lot of potential. Maybe they showed it off too early, which can force a rush to production before other case manufacturers copy ideas from it and beat them to market. They should only show off a new case 2-4 weeks prior to launch with the final product ready.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I think the reviews have mostly been so damning because they had high hopes too, plus the price compared to eventual quality (for example I didn't want them to include those fancy cable shields at the back so price could come down/go into better quality, it's a gimmick especially since the side panel there is not transparent). I would imagine it would be best to wait for CoolerMaster to revision the case. It still has a lot of potential. Maybe they showed it off too early, which can force a rush to production before other case manufacturers copy ideas from it and beat them to market. They should only show off a new case 2-4 weeks prior to launch with the final product ready.

Hopefully there is a revision or other case manufacturers see how popular the design is and we get something that is of higher quality materials, better air flow and with the latest USB connections on the front panel. As it is, the case is worth about half the asking price, but I would be happy to pay the full asking price if all the issues are resolved.

I am in no rush, plenty life in my Phantom 820 and I can wait another 4-5 years for the perfect case (for me).

Soldato
Hopefully there is a revision or other case manufacturers see how popular the design is and we get something that is of higher quality materials, better air flow and with the latest USB connections on the front panel. As it is, the case is worth about half the asking price, but I would be happy to pay the full asking price if all the issues are resolved.

I am in no rush, plenty life in my Phantom 820 and I can wait another 4-5 years for the perfect case (for me).

I happen to have a Phantom 820 too. And same, no rush.

Soldato
I was crazy tempted to sell my InWin 303 and get the H500p up until I saw the reviews last night. Wow. There's dropping the ball, and then there's Cooler Master with this case :p

Oddly, that guy from OC3D didn't really find any faults with it whilst everyone else seemingly did. Dunno how much I trust that guy anymore.

Associate
Given that the S340 elite seems to have better cooling than a case with two huge fans bolted to the front... It's definitely being bought for aesthetics!

Back
Top Bottom