THE HAF IS BACK! Cooler Master's H500P & Cosmos C700P

Associate
I wonder how much better the case thermals would be if the front panel was fully mesh instead of acrylic, hopefully they come out with a version like that or make it an option to buy separately. Still tempted, but will be waiting to see how things pan out

Associate
I wonder how much better the case thermals would be if the front panel was fully mesh instead of acrylic, hopefully they come out with a version like that or make it an option to buy separately. Still tempted, but will be waiting to see how things pan out

Gamers Nexus have a video out modding the case with a mesh front panel - huge temp improvements. Such a shame Cooler Master jumped on the "glass" bandwaggon so much with this case.

A nice TG side panel case with a mesh front would have been the perfect combination of looks and utility versus something like the Enthoo Evolv ATX (my current case). Instead my case with a solid aluminium front panel has better thermals than a HAF case... madness!

Edit: the other shock is, the case is held together by double sided tape... from the factory!!

Soldato
Gamers Nexus have a video out modding the case with a mesh front panel - huge temp improvements. Such a shame Cooler Master jumped on the "glass" bandwaggon so much with this case.

I looked it up. Good vid. And job done, really (other than reviews have exposed price is out of whack with quality).

Someone posted the correct mesh for the easy mod, if people are interested: pc-case-filter-magnetic-mesh-screen-18-x-7

18" x 7" if OcUK are interested in stocking some. Maybe they could offer the airflow version of the case themselves, like they do with silenced versions of some cases.

Associate
I looked it up. Good vid. And job done, really (other than reviews have exposed price is out of whack with quality).

Someone posted the correct mesh for the easy mod, if people are interested: pc-case-filter-magnetic-mesh-screen-18-x-7

18" x 7" if OcUK are interested in stocking some. Maybe they could offer the airflow version of the case themselves, like they do with silenced versions of some cases.

The case actually looks surprising decent with that mesh mod, not really a downgrade at all from the clear plastic ^^ By the sound of it Coolermaster may make an official panel.....

Soldato
I am actually somewhat disappointed with the direction cooler master have taken with respect to HAF series.
I was expecting a bigger bad ass case which whilst keeping true to HAF traditional design would be superior to haf x in performance and features.
Instead we got a master series case that has no resemblance to haf series and is actually a big departure design wise.

Imo haf x overshadows this case and I see this case as nowhere a true successor.

Associate
i like the look of the H500p my current case is a bit cramped i would need to ditch the my bay res and shell out for a tube res and pump top though :( the gpu in vertical just looks daft cant say I'm a fan of that.

Associate
Mine arrived Friday and building was done yesterday. It looks good, it's quiet on idle/Netflix (will see what gaming is like on shadow of war session later) and it's not too bad to build in.

I'll be looking for a mesh front panel if one is released and need to get hue+ to make the fans shiny but so far I'm impressed. The glass especially is almost perfect in shade and opacity.

Associate
Mine arrived Friday and building was done yesterday. It looks good, it's quiet on idle/Netflix (will see what gaming is like on shadow of war session later) and it's not too bad to build in.

I'll be looking for a mesh front panel if one is released and need to get hue+ to make the fans shiny but so far I'm impressed. The glass especially is almost perfect in shade and opacity.

hi,
any chance you could tell me how much room there is in the front for fan thickness? i would like this case with the 200mm noctua fans but there 30mm instead of coolermasters 25mm. would like to know before i buy one.

Associate
hi,
any chance you could tell me how much room there is in the front for fan thickness? i would like this case with the 200mm noctua fans but there 30mm instead of coolermasters 25mm. would like to know before i buy one.

I have a 360mm 25mm ek rad in the front with three 120mm Noctua fans. Do not use the coolermaster 200mm fans they’re shyt

Associate
i assume you have the 120mm (25mm) fans behind the front panel and the rad behind them on the inside of the case? so would 30mm thick 200mm fans fit behind the front panel or would they be touching the plastic on the front?

Back
Top Bottom