The hangout thread (organising social gaming etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanted to make it seem at least a little more open to those without a specific game.

I was only joking!! :) It's a good idea and a great thread title.

Hope more people can get involved. It would be great on those days that one or two of us can't make it. Or even to go a second night.

My wife said she could hear me laughing all the way down in the living room (I play in the attic!). It was so great to have a laugh and play some games together.

And this is why more people should get involved!! Over the last number of weeks, there have been so many funny moments.

Try getting folks to turn up to a pub!
50743309342_f2ff8e8c04_o_d.gif

I was only joking!! :) It's a good idea and a great thread title.

Hope more people can get involved. It would be great on those days that one or two of us can't make it. Or even to go a second night.

And this is why more people should get involved!! Over the last number of weeks, there have been so many funny moments.

Get enough and we can just split up, two groups of 3 would be 2 squads in rec room royale I believe. 5 players in walkabout mini golf etc.

If we get enough players in some games we could play in larger teams - normally mil-sim games like Pavlov, Onward, or Contractors.
We could also play echo-arena as that's three vs three.

I'd love to play From Other Suns co-op, but it's only 3 players and is hardly ever discounted on the Oculus PC store. It's basically the 2D game FTL in VR crossed with Borderlands and Star Trek.

Just been looking, and wondering if perhaps Valheim couldn't be an interesting option? We'd really need someone with a spare always on PC, so the world could be persistent and be picked up whenever someone fancies a run around, rather than always having to wait for the host to be available. Everyone needs the VR mod apparently (otherwise there's some graphics glitches).

Supports upto 10 players (don't know if that's 10 at once, or upto 10, regardless of online or not).

Valheim looks interesting, especially now there's a 'proper' VR mod. The Forest is another good co-op game, and it's very scary, but it does run pretty poorly in VR.

Fond memories of playing a few rounds of Rec Room back in the day with @melmac and others so would be happy to jump in again. My only issue is that the earliest I could play would be from 9pm which may be too late for some I guess.

So what settings do you using in rec room / games in RR ?

Snap turn 45 degrees for me etc
I cant remember what the next one is, slider is all the way to the left I think

Smooth turn and smooth movement. I have pretty good VR legs, though I do get caught out by some games on occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom