The hangout thread (organising social gaming etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
OP
Game instantly finished once the last screen is destroyed. It destroys all enemies too. It's just a matter of timing it properly so they all die within a second of each other.

Soldato
OP
OK, so if we're hoping to perhaps have 5 people, what game do we want to try out? Not sure what there is in rec room for 5?

I've seen an Among Us rec room, might be worth a try?

Soldato
Walkabout Mini Golf supports 5 players in a private match.

Not all rec-room games are available on the native port of rec-room. You might have to use the PC version, but there are quite a few games there that support 5 or more players.

Population one is good fun - teams of three but occasionally they have other events for larger teams.
There's also the classic shooters like Contractors, Onward, Pavlov.

Gorilla Tag if you want to destroy your room.

Some MP survival games like No Mans Sky or The Forest, but these require meaty PCs.

Elite Dangerous or Star Wars Squadrons if you'd like to get a squadron together to do some team missions.

I'd love to play From Other Suns, but that's only 3 players, and is an Oculus exclusive that almost never gets discounted.

Echo VR is 3 vs 3. So we'd need an addtional player.

Demeo looks interesting but only 4 players.

Soldato
OP
Does Demeo support saving during a multiplayer game yet? Once it does, I'll be interested.

Gorilla tag in a private room, but not for a few months, need far more space than I currently have!

I've got walkabout, happy enough to play that, but would prefer something a bit more interactive with other people, rather than a "single" player game played together (if you see what I mean).

Underboss
interesting

i agree with @Unseul about the golf game, i wouldn't want to do 1 player at a time thing

so then, we have

poss Rec Room (if i can get Rec room working in VR via PC as its just on a screen for me and not "full screen VR")

poss Elite Dangerous or Star Wars Squadrons if you'd like to get a squadron together to do some team missions.

i have elite dangerous, but i haven't played it yet (got it free on epic store i think)

what about that new bowling game ? but again, it would be like the golf game

I am going to google

Soldato
OP
Township Tale looks quite interesting. Upto 8 people in a single server/world on the quest version. PCVR version appears to be free (but not sure if you can have your own server, which you can with quest version).

Do we want to try it PCVR first? Then take a look at quest version?

EDIT - It would also mean people could play as they wish, but we could still have Monday evenings as group quest type times?

Underboss
Township Tale looks quite interesting. Upto 8 people in a single server/world on the quest version. PCVR version appears to be free (but not sure if you can have your own server, which you can with quest version).

Do we want to try it PCVR first? Then take a look at quest version?

EDIT - It would also mean people could play as they wish, but we could still have Monday evenings as group quest type times?

I'm up for anything, don't knock it untill you try it

Soldato
Interesting options. My problem with some of these games is that they are massive time sinks. And some are massive time sinks just to get started, like Elite Dangerous and Township Tale.

Star Trek Bridge Crew and Rec room Quests were good because they simple enough to get into, fun and easy to play. While still offering a challenge as we got better at the game.

A Township Tale has an interesting concept, and does appear to be a very social game. The actual recommended way is to play with the same group and learn together as that's the best and most fun way to experience the game. However, it does take a long time to do anything in game, and seems to be very frustrating unless you are willing to put in time and effort into it. Also it seems to be a mainly a crafting game, with the objective been to fix the Town. How much "fun" is it really going to be? Watched one Youtube video and the mission was to get wood for something or other. It was just 4 guys going out chopping trees together. Then back in the town, it was three guys standing around watching a fourth guy using a chisel on the wood.

I am in two minds about it. Am happy to buy it and give it a go if you guys are. I would go for the Quest version just so we could have our own server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom