The Hangover Thread

Soldato
I hate being hungover nowadays and the most I get to is a 4 or a 5.

I just waddle off to bed as soon as I feel myself on the precipice of being drunk.

Soldato
OP
Slight thread revival.

So in Tesco I discovered something called Recovery Power, basically hangover cure lol.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/259833320?preservedReferrer=https://www.google.com/

I doubt it's anything new just not come across it, basically your full shot of paracetamol and also those salts/electrolytes.

Anyway yesterday night went to see a Pink Floyd Floyd tribute band and had a good few, was on form lol.

Bit before I went to sleep took one of these and a pint of water and feeling much better today than I probably should.

Caporegime
Slight thread revival.

So in Tesco I discovered something called Recovery Power, basically hangover cure lol.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/259833320?preservedReferrer=https://www.google.com/

I doubt it's anything new just not come across it, basically your full shot of paracetamol and also those salts/electrolytes.

Anyway yesterday night went to see a Pink Floyd Floyd tribute band and had a good few, was on form lol.

Bit before I went to sleep took one of these and a pint of water and feeling much better today than I probably should.
Does it contain caffeine?

Soldato
OP
See what happens tomorrow, been up at our village hall with next door, 3 pints of lager shandy, 2 bottles of bud, 5 or 6 double Jack Daniel's.

Pint of water plus that recovery stuff.

Either way I've only gotta last until about 4pm and I'm off to Weatherspoons for the first time in 18 months.

Man of Honour
See what happens tomorrow, been up at our village hall with next door, 3 pints of lager shandy, 2 bottles of bud, 5 or 6 double Jack Daniel's.

Pint of water plus that recovery stuff.

Either way I've only gotta last until about 4pm and I'm off to Weatherspoons for the first time in 18 months.

Might have been better with 70-75cl of water, maybe more.
I’ve drunk a lot of bourbon in the U.S., Jim Beam, Wild Turkey, Maker’s Mark, Four Roses etc, and been okay the next day providing I gave my teeth a good brushing and had some good black coffee.
Jack Daniel’s is not a bourbon, it’s a Tennessee whiskey and it’s powerful stuff, a friend in Connecticut used to say, “Jack Daniel’s doesn’t get you drunk, it creeps up and mugs you.”

Soldato
OP
Thursday night I drank not even quite 3 cans of Holsten Pills. I've had that plenty of times with no unusual adverse effects.

Yesterday my head was absolutely banging, co-codamol and asprin not even touching it, last all day, felt rubbish.

Yesterday I had....

3 pints of beer from a brewery (4%) , 2 small bottles of blue wkd, 3 double Jack Daniel's and coke in a pub, then about maybe 2 doubles worth of legacy Jack Daniels straight which is 45%.

This morning I feel almost fine, I'd say a 2 or 3 tops.

I don't get it.

Soldato
You’re still drunk :p

seriously tho…it’s prob what you ate, drank etc, I know it’s recommended to eat before drinking but I’d say my worst hangovers are when I’ve had a lot to eat

Those 3 pints on Thursday prob set you up for it too!

Soldato
I had a hangover once, when I was about 17 or 18, then a I realised how stupid drinking excessively is.

In my 20s and early 30s there were the rare times when I would drink too much and end up flat out on the ground at the end of night, now in my later 30s I'm a lot more sensible, I know my limits now and don't want to make a fool of myself anymore.
I never went out with the intention of getting drunk, like some people do, really don't understand that.

Soldato
Thursday night I drank not even quite 3 cans of Holsten Pills. I've had that plenty of times with no unusual adverse effects.

Yesterday my head was absolutely banging, co-codamol and asprin not even touching it, last all day, felt rubbish.

Yesterday I had....

3 pints of beer from a brewery (4%) , 2 small bottles of blue wkd, 3 double Jack Daniel's and coke in a pub, then about maybe 2 doubles worth of legacy Jack Daniels straight which is 45%.

This morning I feel almost fine, I'd say a 2 or 3 tops.

I don't get it.

I think it’s a lot to do with time spent drinking.

Associate
This morning I'm at a 3 or 4.

I'm feeling qute tired and I've had the obligatory bad guts that is associated with craft ale.

I eat most of a large pizza last night, but this made me feel quite uncomfortable and I could not easily go to sleep.

I've drank a couple of filter coffees this morning and will be making my way to the coffee maker to brew a second batch shortly.

The wife and I plan on going plant based for January (she's interested in returning to vegetarianism and a I don't mind supporting this as I'll learn new and interesting recipes) but at the moment I really fance a sausage and bacon sandwich.

Back
Top Bottom