The High-Res Screenshot Thread!

The problem with comparing the console version to PC is that the console version is a lower res image upscaled on a much bigger LCD (for most people) plus you are sat a few feet away. That alone makes a great difference to what you're seeing.

The only thing I miss is the FSAA. The 360 adds 2x AA to everything IIRC. I would sacrifice other graphical improvements to get a bit of AA on my machine as it gets quite distracting after a while.

Boom :D

gtaiv12es8.jpg

what is your spec mrk?

Q6600 3.15GHz
8GB DDR2 @ 1:1
4870 512MB
Vista64

If R* Don't patch the rendering issues with the monumental VRAM usage this game has from comparably low quality textures (in high settings) then you're going to need a 2GB GFX card to play this game with the sliders all up at 1920x1200.

That takes the pee a little...

Not sure if he means graphics memory or system memory, but the R* guy from another forum has said the next patch includes

"-Overall savings to memory"

We shall see :).

lmao

Anyway, I'm going to have to stick up for GTAIV's graphics, considering you can explore the entire of New York city without any loading and the whole city is moving around it looks excellent, the physics engine in the game is also the best on PC which you can't see from the screenshots.

The game is boring though :p

lmao

Anyway, I'm going to have to stick up for GTAIV's graphics, considering you can explore the entire of New York city without any loading and the whole city is moving around it looks excellent, the physics engine in the game is also the best on PC which you can't see from the screenshots.

The game is boring though :p

You know, the sad thing is that I can remember a time when I was blissfully content to load up GTA 1 on my PlayStation and just drive around the amazingly-huge 2D city creating havoc and mayhem...

Now, when it's rendered in photorealistic 3d glory with its own living world and physics engine, I quickly tire of driving around and wish it was a 'real' game :P. If only I still had the gaming mindset of 5 years previous, this game would literally blow my mind!

Back
Top Bottom