The High-Res Screenshot Thread!

More P.O.P Awesomeness!!

The gameplay is basic and undemanding but its a lot of fun and looks very pretty in places. Definately one of the better PC platform games ever made.

25jf783.jpg

f2pheo.jpg

23ww9xx.jpg

ztt1sz.jpg

2ywfuv9.jpg

rwtirt.jpg

2r4288z.jpg

30idq87.jpg

174cnl.jpg

33k3ji9.jpg

POP Again (for a change!!)

Some of the texture work is outstanding. The cell shading art style suits this game as it feels like an interactive cartoon come to life:D
Loading times are very fast and it even likes my I7-965 with 8 threads & no issues whatsoever:D

2rnajbo.jpg

Not sure about the facial expression here;)
b7kndi.jpg

mj4src.jpg

2j3hbbl.jpg

261i5i9.jpg

sq3uvt.jpg

sgl6bd.jpg

2vjrhns.jpg

13zy7h1.jpg

Its been given bad reviews, in the latest pc gamer mag they gave it 49%
Probably because its old school style gameplay like back in the day when the megadrive & amiga ruled the gaming world. Its very undemanding and easy to get into so if you want something which is easy to just sit and play then this is it. The art style is very strong as well but the screenshots do not convey all the extra FX like smoke & debris very well. The game just plays very fluidly and feels a lot like the original POP from 1990 which itself was rock hard but still playable.

A few different games:

To start, GTA IV:

gtaiv-20081212-193150.png

gtaiv-20081205-164054.png

Even with the jaggies, I can't ignore the beauty of the cars.

Far Cry 2:
fc2

Aoe2:
My building a wonder in my ''fort''
AOK075.BMP

Mine 'n my mates ( yeah I know he plays with my old nickname couldn't be arsed changing it in the game options, I'm snowdog and he's marek (my real name:p) playign with green on my pc (lan game :D) ) army together :
AOK074.BMP

Random Age of Mythology pic :
aom-20081209-140337.png

Last edited:
AOE 2 still one of the greatest strategy games of all time; never really enjoyed one quite as much since... What's it like on Vista/ res support?

No widescreen support, 1280x960 is the max res you get and it'll stretch on other aspect ratios than 4:3.
Works fine in vista without any workarounds though :).

The new PoP looks weird like that, certainly a new direction for them...Not sure if I like the thick black outlines around everything or not...Played through the last three, but got bored on the last one, well, at the last boss anyway.

Here is a piccy I took not long ago :)

deadspace1fh8.jpg

Wasn't even considering playing this game at all. But I think I might buy it for the art style alone now.

Unless you have plenty of money to spare I wouldnt bother. This game is nice on the eye but it is so easy its rubbish.

Please explain what makes this a good game to play? It is so poor. The only good thing about it is that it is well made in the fact that even lesser computers should be able to run it well.

The previous tittles at least proved challenging but this is an insult to our intelligence.

I would like to hear why some people actually like it as a game other than it looks nice.

its fun

http://www.answers.com/fun

just in case you missed the fun boat.

How is it fun? Its like fighting a three year old and you have a baseball bat. No contest whatsoever. :eek:

Its OK but thats as far as I would take it. Explain what are the fun bits in it?

Is it the fact that you cant actually die because the woman saves you?
The fact that you dont even have to work out the routes as the woman sends out a magical light that shows the path?
Or is it the systematical button pressing to kill all the bosses in exactly the same way (except you roll through one of their legs on one of them)

How is it fun? Its like fighting a three year old and you have a baseball bat. No contest whatsoever. :eek:

your assuming all games are aimed at you.

its obviously causing you a great deal of trauma , i suggest you forget about it and do something else instead like reading or go out for a walk.

the game is obviously not for you , and your taking it too seriously.

its obviously causing you a great deal of trauma , i suggest you forget about it and do something else instead like reading or go out for a walk.

the game is obviously not for you , and your taking it too seriously.

lol fair enough. I just wouldnt want someone wasting their money on a game that is way too easy.

I cant go for a walk as I am at work and stuck here until 8pm. Although I do have FM09 with me :)

Back
Top Bottom