The High-Res Screenshot Thread!

BurnoutP.:

BurnoutParadise%202009-02-05%2023-32-15-04.jpg

BurnoutParadise%202009-02-05%2023-33-23-95.jpg

BurnoutParadise%202009-02-05%2023-33-39-73.jpg

BurnoutParadise%202009-02-05%2023-33-42-42.jpg

BurnoutParadise%202009-02-05%2023-33-43-76.jpg

Better handling and looks? They look the same to me and burnout has the worst handling in any game I've come across so far as I asked before, since when do cars have 20 gears and does a handbrake stop you sooner than the normal brake? Want freeroam? Play TDU instead...

Better handling and looks? They look the same to me and burnout has the worst handling in any game I've come across so far as I asked before, since when do cars have 20 gears and does a handbrake stop you sooner than the normal brake? Want freeroam? Play TDU instead...

when did burnout developers said it was a sim? its at arcade racer rated at 3years+ what do you want? it's a great game and it was intended to be like this if your so much loved flatout 2 UC (which is just the same flatout2 with a bit upgraded gfx) has some destroyable bridges and similiar gfx doesn't mean it's better and no free roam means it will be boring after time.. plus what about online gameplay? can you ride/drive bikes/cars/ around the city with friends? no! can you have so good stunt runs? no! yes i aggree that flatout2 has better physics at crashes than burnout.. but handling is very annoying i dont say it's bad... TDU? ha... that's a different type of game and driving car without pc wheel is nearly imposible... plus have you played burnout online?

when did burnout developers said it was a sim? its at arcade racer rated at 3years+ what do you want? it's a great game and it was intended to be like this if your so much loved flatout 2 UC (which is just the same flatout2 with a bit upgraded gfx) has some destroyable bridges and similiar gfx doesn't mean it's better and no free roam means it will be boring after time.. plus what about online gameplay? can you ride/drive bikes/cars/ around the city with friends? no! can you have so good stunt runs? no! yes i aggree that flatout2 has better physics at crashes than burnout.. but handling is very annoying i dont say it's bad... TDU? ha... that's a different type of game and driving car without pc wheel is nearly imposible... plus have you played burnout online?

Rated 7+ according to pegi.
The free roam is quite useless imo as you can drive every road in the game in under an hour...
Haven't played online.
I loved the Faltout 2/uc handling, had under and oversteer but not too much of it, releasing the throttle usually suffices... Only Gravity could be a little bit better.
TDU the same really it's far from perfect but it's very good imo, certainly much better than burnout imo, I don't know why you say you need a wheel though, I happily finished most of the game with my keyboard. The worst thing in tdu is the (low) gravity I guess but that aside it's okay.

Burnout feels like the car is glued to the road... Anyways so having a proper amount of gears means a game is a sim?

I just tried bikes and found that much more enjoyable, but they still turn too sharply sometimes imo for the speed. I am not looking for a sim/LFS handling, but at least make people have to brake for corners or release the throttle, or have the right ammount of gears, and perhaps a speedo, I can't see why they had to make the cars handle like in Trackmania's Stadium races. Also the traffic is way too low imo.

Burnout feels like the car is glued to the road... Anyways so having a proper amount of gears means a game is a sim?

Burnout is not a game for you. FULL STOP. Actually, it seems there's a good reason for Burnout not having been out on the PC previously.
Most people just like to complain, about everything!

The handling has always been as you described in Burnout games, it's not meant to be remotely realistic. An arcade racer for some pickup and play carnage.

Flatout comparisons, fair enough, they are similar game styles. I prefer Burnout but Flatout is a great game. TDU comparisons though, meh, totally different game.
The way I see it, Burnout is about mindless smashing and driving fast into ramps to see where you can get, what you can link up and what will happen. Even better when there's some mates to also mess around. On these fronts, it delivers and does so very well.

I prefer Burnout but Flatout is a great game

+1. No need to pit the two games against each other when they're both awesome fun. I now own both, and I'll still play both.

If Burnout isn't the game for you, that's fine, but there's no need to say it 675234623 times when other people enjoy it.

I have the first Flat out....Is it actually worth getting the UC edition? I played the demo of Flatout 2 and enjoyed that...

But going by that video above, i swear ive played that level before...

I have the first Flat out....Is it actually worth getting the UC edition? I played the demo of Flatout 2 and enjoyed that...

But going by that video above, i swear ive played that level before...

Its cheap as chips has the live function and looks better. Yes some of the tracks are the same, buts its still a great game. Get it.

Its cheap as chips has the live function and looks better. Yes some of the tracks are the same, buts its still a great game. Get it.

Cool, I did love the first game...I followed it religiously until it's release :p

Reminds me of destruction derby I think, so that might be why.

I'll see if I can pick it up one day somewhere.

That GRID shot looks brilliant, the car edges look very smooth. What graphics card is this on and what settings are you using? I'm assuming you're using some sort of supersampling?

Back
Top Bottom