The High-Res Screenshot Thread!

Yeah Halo 1 was awesome. Never got into Halo 2 but I admit it does seem sort of like console lovers love it more because it's something they haven't experienced before compared to PC gamers.

Halo was the reason I bought an Xbox. I played and was like "OMG WANT WANT!!1", I got, I played and I loved! I did absolutely love Halo and I know I'm in the minority, but I enjoyed Halo 2 even more. The Scarab mission (third or fourth I think) still remains to be one of my greatest gaming experiences to date, playing it through on co-op was just something else. But I do agree that Halo 3 was hugely mediocre, I played it for about thirty minutes but lost the will to live and gave up.

Well I pick-up TDU a whiloe ago for 50p, loaded it up on Windows 7 today after my old HDD died. Been playing with the Hardcore mode as I usually only race games like rfactor iRacing and whatnot. As far as I can see, all it does is lower the gravity!! Won't be on my system long, since it's pretty shocking.

TVR still on the brakes into the corner...
3808035896_68476ee351_o.jpg

3808037858_84e9878dd6_o.jpg

FLYING!!
3808039422_5f42663a51_o.jpg

Noise...
3808041474_9b4bcf0e97_o.jpg

Mmm...
3808502522_28145e3604_o.jpg

3808504354_89516a64ee_o.jpg

...Orange
3808505854_a85b1824c1_o.jpg

3808508600_6cb8fa4782_o.jpg

1680x1050, Highest ingame settings (Avg. 100-110fps - min 90fps). Forgot to set AA and AF in nVidia control panel, so it looks shocking as stills.

Last edited:
Halo is a bit contentious issue it seems, won't bother posting in here again!

I know how you feel... best to ignore replies/posts that seem negative towards your efforts to contribute & post screenshots in a screenshot thread. I would have stopped posting here as well after my 1st screenshot post but thankfully I don't really give a damn about other people's negative/unhelpful or down right rude replies/comments. Keep posting.

Well I pick-up TDU a whiloe ago for 50p, loaded it up on Windows 7 today after my old HDD died. Been playing with the Hardcore mode as I usually only race games like rfactor iRacing and whatnot. As far as I can see, all it does is lower the gravity!! Won't be on my system long, since it's pretty shocking.

'Tis a shame really. It had a lot going for it but the handling sat somewhere between mentalist arcade and pseudo-simulation and didn't really satisfy either cravings. (Having said that I still played it for a fair few hours just to get a go of the cars and play with a couple of mates on the multiplayer)

Wish they'd make a new one with a proper phyics engine behind it, TDU with Live for Speed physics and cars that sound like they should...mmm! :cool:

really nice dead space shots, I completed it myself yesterday, really great game!

Thanks.

I have to play in reasonably small sessions, because it gives me the willies.

My only complaint is being forced to used WASD. I normally use the arrow keys for movement, but it's no big deal.

Not sure all the image enhancements work, even though they are forced through the Nvidia Control Panel.

Thanks.

I have to play in reasonably small sessions, because it gives me the willies.

My only complaint is being forced to used WASD. I normally use the arrow keys for movement, but it's no big deal.

Not sure all the image enhancements work, even though they are forced through the Nvidia Control Panel.

I know what you mean about the controls, I played it with an xbox pad and found it much better than the default mouse + kb. I also played with a 5.1 setup and the sound design is great, really makes you feel on edge all of the time, after awhile though I found I had learnt many of the design tricks and could predict the triggers which took some of the edge from it.

Many people are upset by the graphics on pc but i think their great, AA would have been nice and im not sure if my control panel settings worked either but I never found anything that took away from the experience.

Images at max details @ 1920x1200 with Ambient Occlusion on, 16xAF, 16XAA Supersampling forced through Nvidia Control Panel.
Obviously AA isn't working by looking at the pictures. It really annoys me when games don't let you apply AA, because they use some advanced shader thing which isn't compatible. To me, AA makes much more difference to image quality than slightly prettier shadows.

AA is enabled in the game and the Nvidia Conrol Panel setting is set to enhance in game settings, there is no option to overide in game settings.

For me the lack of proper AA is a sign it's a multi platform game. The one thing that stands out with games for my PS3 is they all need AA.

Hmm, well it isn't working then. Maybe tell Nvidia to use application settings and not enhance, then it might work.

The first picture was taken with just in game AA and the rest of the pictures with a supposed enhanced setting in the Nvidia Control Panel.

I also added AAx16 and Ambient Occlusion after the first picture.

Some of the settings forced through the Nvidia Control Panel must have worked, because my frame rates went from 120 down to around 75 FPS.

But obviously the AA wasn't enhanced much, if at all.

Back
Top Bottom