The High-Res Screenshot Thread!

Queue which goes in the wrong direction

369361.jpg

Last edited:
Red Faction Guerilla

1920x1200 2 x AA Max Everything Else
Game is a mixture of GTA4 & any other sandbox open world game with story missions, sub missions & several items to collect. You can also upgrade weapons, armour etc etc and drive lots of futuristic vehicles including flying jetpack robots!!! Big difference is that RFG has the most incredible destruction models you have ever seen on any computer or console. The level of destruction and the way you can dismantle buildings girder by girder or panel by panel is simply amazing. The developers did an incredible job on this as its possible to dismantle & destroy large buildings section by section or remove the structural supports tactically to let Havok Physics take over. Or you can just go on a rampage blowing anything & everything up as even people you can stick grenades on then remote detonate :D

Game also has several MP modes where you join others to have fire fights or destroy buildings within a certain time frame using limited explosives so you have to apply a lot of logical thinking to where you place them. There are also lots of ingame missions which require you to drive a vehicle within a time limit. These are quite difficult as the time limits are very short :eek:

It uses the new GFWL 3.0 feature which lets you allocate the game to your gamertag. This is the only DRM (no DVD needed after installation) and it then allows you to install the game as many times as possible on as many PC's as you want but only your gamertag can ever save games & access the online features like MP & LIVE Achievements so by restricting these features to server side serial key checks that is how the DRM works as its not possible to save games without being online.
2u3xi4n.jpg

3345dmo.jpg

30110d5.jpg

2dr86q8.jpg

1zq7pkm.jpg

24ycnih.jpg

2jg9f8y.jpg

2h54t3q.jpg

Same build as above note the remaining girders and how much detail the destruction model has!
nq73h1.jpg

2mzdtap.jpg

AWPC, do offline profiles work with Guerilla ?

Pass never tried that as always online but understand that it needs an online connection for 1st time launch to activate (says it on the front of the box as well) then if you chose to link your gamertag to the serial key it allows you to use an offline profile and allows save games. However, the offline saves are not AFAIK reuseable with the online MP system so if after doing the SP you want to experience the MP then obviously your saves for MP will need an online profile so you will be starting from scratch. Should not be a problem unless some of the unlockables do not carry over.

Some shift shots, loving it but finding it hard to play with a keyboard;

How much of a pain in the backside is it to play with the keyboard?.

I've never played a driving game on the PC so don't have a steering wheel but I quite fancy a go at NFS:Shift as it looks the dogs danglies!.

So I guess what I'm asking is - Is it playable using the keyboard, after you get used to it?.

Ta. :cool:

How much of a pain in the backside is it to play with the keyboard?.

I've never played a driving game on the PC so don't have a steering wheel but I quite fancy a go at NFS:Shift as it looks the dogs danglies!.

So I guess what I'm asking is - Is it playable using the keyboard, after you get used to it?.

Ta. :cool:

Nope, not playable atall IMO.

Its ok for the first tier but when you get more powerful cars, you need to be able to feather the throttle and steering, which isnt possible on the keyboard.

Im going to invest in a nice wheel then play through the game from the start.

Back
Top Bottom