The High-Res Screenshot Thread!

Awesome last one... is your AA/AF turned off?

Mirrors Edge after I got Physx working

mirrorsedge200912051004.png

mirrorsedge200912051006.png

mirrorsedge200912060056.png

mirrorsedge200912060056.png

mirrorsedge200912062018.png

mirrorsedge200912062121.png

mirrorsedge200912062121.png

Last edited:
Crysis isn't poor code. It's well optimised for what it does, it just does far too much :D
If you can afford three monitors though, surely you can afford 5 5870's :D

I would have had a 5850/5870 crossfire combo, but I opted for 3 Sammy SSD's in raid 0 instead, I'm also only 18 and now skint :p
After chrimbo when crossfire drivers with eyefinity work, I'll get another 5870.

You've got a fairly high end rig, but those look like puke :/

I'm certain Mirror's Edge looked nicer on my old HD4870/8600GT combo!

Really? Hmmm. I don't think I have everything ramped but I thought they looked pretty sweet. And full Physx doesn't slow down the system.

Have you got any pics to backup your statement

Looks pretty good, saying it looks like puke is pretty damn harsh haha. Not the best shots Ive seen, maybe needs AA turning up a bit or something?

Its great with Phys X though, just makes certain little changes but make it a much better game thought I think

Crysis was doing about 15-25 FPS in that picture :p It was a fairly heavy firefight and I have some config mod which eats extra FPS, especially at that Res! I still have the config from when I used to play at 1680x1050 :o

I'll try to get some better pictures tonight along one some FPS rates etc.

Is it just me or does Eyefinity make everything look ugly and stretched? Maybe it would be better in real life, I dunno.

They do because of the FOV and games not being designed for that resolution, or the human eye for that matter. You really don't notice it when your gaming and it actually makes the game better as you general use 50-70% of your side monitors on peripheral vision so you aren't really focusing at that content.

It will be hard to see in a screenshot on a single monitor but imaging that image cutting off in the centre of the screenshot then the 2 other sides of the image are 30cm away at each side of the monitor. Hard to focus on it all at once? :p = Not blurry/distorted. This again can all be adjusted with FOV hacks to make it more/less distorted.

Last edited:
ooh, mirror's edge in the dark, I must have got bored ****less before I got that far :D
mistime jump, fall to your death, mistime jump, fall to your death, inane cut sequence, fall to your death, rinse and repeat.

Back
Top Bottom