The High-Res Screenshot Thread!

@ Dennis4k - please let us know all the mods you are using. I'd love to play GTA4 again!

The 'ENB' series of mods, would be one of them some russian guy I think who makes graphics look better in a range of games, he also provides supersampling which is the only method to get AA in GTA IV but it's very intensive, I'm not sure what state the current mod is in though, as for his website it seems to be down 403 error :confused: http://boris-vorontsov.narod.ru/ss_gta4_01_en.htm

There's plenty of modding websites, just search google for other mods

Last edited:
to me that look to cartoonish, you can tell they are cars they have that look and colour about them
the lighting is good but it doesnt look anywhere near life like (the cars) though i think the lighting is good

2wrm3ps.jpg
[/IMG]

zjb69s.jpg
[/IMG]

x3dg13.jpg
[/IMG]

23m0675.jpg
[/IMG]

a3h086.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
I found it to be pretty much unplayable on a 3.4GHz Q9550 and GTX260, though I never did find a way to turn off a load of the other stuff the ENB mod does and just use the AA, i'd guess the lighting and so on kills a good few FPS, might have just eeked it into the realms of playable otherwise.

Hopefully these come out of tinypic fullsize, I cba to upload elsewhere atm:

ENB Off
j7tbo0.jpg

ENB On
xaphl.jpg

ENB Off
29f5ous.jpg

ENB On
5zksq1.jpg

You can see in the first shot, whilst distant stuff like bridges look massively better, there can be occasional oddities with shadows like on the road below.

edit - ffs, tinypic has shrunk them all from 1680x1050 to 1600x1000 so they all look gash :(

This is the Engine part of the config for the ENB series mod I have used. Screens taken at 1680 x 1050 with 2x2 SSAA. Higher resolution than that at 2x2 SSAA, or 1050p at 3x3 SSAA, is not playable at all for me (4870x2).

[ENGINE]
ForceDisplaySize=true
ForceAntialiasing=true
ForceDisplayRefreshRate=false
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true
MaxAnisotropy=8
AntialiasingQuality=1
DisplayRefreshRateHz=60
DisplayWidth=1680
DisplayHeight=1050
ReflectionsForceHighPrecision=true
ReflectionsExtremePrecision=false

The ENB series mod used for the below shots and the ones I previously posted, is the 0.078 SORA version. Today, 7. april, a new version, 0.079 SORA is out with some fixes and new moon.

Back
Top Bottom