The High-Res Screenshot Thread!

keep it under 70ºC load and u wont damage it (max 1.4v VCORE). U should notice improvements in CPU limited games like GTAIV and BC2 ;)

Do a forum search for threads with "q9550 overclocking" in the title (no "" marks).

Last edited:
GTA IV, ENB series mod, 2xSSAA, first-person view mod.

Yes, it is now possible to play GTA IV in first-person mode, if you prefer that to third-person!

Bad news is, I have added several different textures mods since getting the game at launch and are now not quite sure what is installed...

Good news is, I know what, by far, the most important mods are:

ENBseries mod 0.079SORA (changes the graphics enormously and enables SSAA, SSAO and SSIL)

and

First Person v1.1 (allows you to play in first person view).

I am driving around with a wheel (Logitech G25) and walking around in first-person view (xbox360 controller), and it is mindblowingly atmospheric.
It really feels like like a living, breathing city.

The biggest problem is performance (10-30 fps). With these mods, the game requires a very fast quad core CPU and a >1GB VRAM card to truly be the game it always should have been.

GTAIV%202010-04-09%2016-58-09-96.jpg

GTAIV%202010-04-08%2021-30-37-75.jpg

Last edited:
Minecraft (Alpha) - Infinite Map Test

java2010-04-1600-51-46-80.jpg

You can walk until you run out of HDD space which is pretty much infinite, the procedural map generator is coming along nicely. rolling hills, mountains, forrests, caverns. As soon as Notch adds procedural caves back in, it'll be amazing (already is) to explore. - Also, multiplayer survival mode coming soon.

java2010-04-1600-50-44-51.jpg

During the night monsters come out, and it's pretty hard going, so you'll want to spend time in the day gathering resources and building up a fort, or crafting torches because it gets very dark. - This is also in the infinite map test, so Day/Night cycle with monsters and friendly animals during the day + unlimited map. Also there is a new tree generator, so you get nifty forrests like this with multiple branches, I made a nice treehouse away from the ground where to monsters spawn.

Back
Top Bottom