The High-Res Screenshot Thread!

I also have 1x1 and 2x2 tiles BSC plopable trees.

Cool thanks :) I've just reinstalled Sim City 4 - but it keeps crashing in Windows 7 (64-Bit) - Any ideas?

I am using "Custom Music" in the audio options because the music that comes with the game is slightly depressing :p Maybe that might be the reason...

Sacred 2 any good? It's all my mate goes on about at college.

Yep it is Sacred 2 with the Ice & blood addon

It's a bit buggy (especially on win 7 which need tweaking to run) but if you're looking for an modern ARPG while waiting for Diablo 3 it's a good fun game. There's plenty of variation between the character classes , lots of customisation and the combat system/ character levelling is more subtle that one would expect.

JustCause22010-04-1500-11-03-43.jpg
I guess the exhausted all the vehicle ideas in Just case 2 now Rico is driving a radeon 5870 :p

Cool thanks :) I've just reinstalled Sim City 4 - but it keeps crashing in Windows 7 (64-Bit) - Any ideas?

I am using "Custom Music" in the audio options because the music that comes with the game is slightly depressing :p Maybe that might be the reason...

Newest nvidia drivers cause flickering followed by crashes in hardware mode of sc4, I'm using slightly older drivers: 190.62.

Secondly, set the amount of cpu's to one, either setting affinity to 1 core or using this in your shortcut for sc4:
-CPUCount:1 .

After that, provided you're patched up, it should be solid and not crash...
The game somehow doesn't like more than 1 thread.
And nvidia ****ed up their drivers recently for sc4 when playing in hardware mode, you can play in software mode but then you have no traffic etc so I just reverted to older drivers.

Newest nvidia drivers cause flickering followed by crashes in hardware mode of sc4, I'm using slightly older drivers: 190.62.

Secondly, set the amount of cpu's to one, either setting affinity to 1 core or using this in your shortcut for sc4:
-CPUCount:1 .

After that, provided you're patched up, it should be solid and not crash...
The game somehow doesn't like more than 1 thread.
And nvidia ****ed up their drivers recently for sc4 when playing in hardware mode, you can play in software mode but then you have no traffic etc so I just reverted to older drivers.
Thanks for that - I did suspect it may be the CPUs - I'll see if it works well on just one core :)

GTA Vice City bought off Steam for £1.50 last night. Ok the graphics are 7 years old but the gameplay is still sweet.

gta-vc2010-05-0312-25-18-27.jpg

it is, really amazing to see how far graphics have come in 7 years ! the change in gfx from early 2s consoles to 2d console 7 years later was never as pronounced.

great bit of fun btw, just takes a bit longer to get into now gfx are old hat.

Lord of the Rings Online?

If thats LOTRO then i'm wondering what the hell has been happening in the Shire.

Reminds me of Spellforce 2, great game, though i did prefer the RPG parts to the RTS parts since the enemies were guaranteed to attack you're base while you were out doing something.

it is, really amazing to see how far graphics have come in 7 years ! the change in gfx from early 2s consoles to 2d console 7 years later was never as pronounced.

great bit of fun btw, just takes a bit longer to get into now gfx are old hat.

gta 3 series of games looked cartoonish for a reason they coulda gone the realistic route like sony did with the getaway but they didn't.

if you looking for a gfx camparisons of games from 7 years ago on consoles then its not that pronouced some still look damn good

Couple of NFS: Shift

2vsns7n.jpg

210kqvd.jpg

They're at 50% size because the in game photo mode doesn't seem to apply the AA I play with so they look nasty full size and I suspect tinypic would have shrunk them a bit anyway.

Back
Top Bottom