***The High-Res Screenshot Thread!***

Soldato
It really isn't hard with the Special Edition. A few texture packs and a Reshade profile, neither of which will affect stability and it looks amazing.

I've been throwing mods at the game(200+) with no issues. Not having SKSE released for SSE is a blessing in disguise

Yeah, I'm beginning to think this too. I'm playing SE quite happily now minus SKSE based stuff and it's 100% stable no matter what I throw at it. I've even had a massive battle caused by the civil wars mod clashing with the patrols mod and organised bandits mod in the snow, with the footprints mod and wet & cold running. Not saying it didn't struggle frame rate wise, but it didn't crash which is pretty amazing for Skyrim.

Caporegime
I don't have the SE version. Although I realise I could just add a texture pack or two, the thought of missing out on too many other mods out there (and let's face it - there are a lot of them), hangs in the back of my mind.

V F

V F

Soldato
Crysis 2 again with MaLDoHD 4.0 mod.

34778314080_dba6c6ae6b_o.png

35034155181_81ca5f19e2_o.png

35034174971_f2ff95688f_o.png

34999836252_e52efe523e_o.png

34999834862_a05a1d5620_o.png

34999833922_e4c41b0462_o.png

35164950015_49031e968c_o.png

34999893572_6c4fbf2233_o.png

35125064916_d2163c4499_o.png

34355355243_3c27e5040f_o.png

34778540740_78aecee3fa_o.png

35034318721_327d0489a4_o.png

35165075465_8b5c18aef6_o.png

35165017015_4a0ecedd14_o.png

34778584810_b7f1a1e20a_o.png

35034361111_6059de7ffd_o.png

35034381331_79dff3ef65_o.png

34320298154_6a33d94a18_o.png

35000166412_957158302a_o.png

Cannot believe Origin only has Crysis 32bit. :/ Yet it seems awfully rough for 8xAA. I want my hi-res texture mods damnit!

35000208952_45db333ba7_o.png

35000199162_81a620f9c9_o.png

34355583343_47d1f619ab_o.png

34355581643_96e64205af_o.png

34355578833_91fa0f6e59_o.png

Caporegime
Crysis 2 again with MaLDoHD 4.0 mod.

Nice shots. :)

Your field of view looks to be the default. If you want to change the game world FOV, type in cl_fov 80 (you can enter what value you want though I think 80 is the maximum allowed). Then, to alter the weapon FOV, type: r_DrawNearfov (input value e.g. 83).
Unfortunately, when you reach a checkpoint values tend to reset, so to avoid that you could alter your cfg.

Cannot believe Origin only has Crysis 32bit. :/ Yet it seems awfully rough for 8xAA. I want my hi-res texture mods damnit!

I wasn't aware of that. This is another title that I really should take more of a look at modding since as far as I'm concerned, it does look like it could do with a second lick of paint these days (despite still being a great looker in some respects).

V F

V F

Soldato
Yeah, in the MaLDoHD setting dialog you can change the FOV but it said something in the description about some visual bug for something above 63.

Reading around for Crysis, apparently the Steam version doesn't have the 64bit version either.

eggrock hardforum.com said:
64-bit exe + AA + DirectX10 mode = dramatic performance loss

Change any one of the variables (using 32-bit is the logical choice) and the performance hit vanishes.

I'll need to dig around and see what other Crysis mods are kicking about. I never did complete these games but loving them so far. Though for some reason I'm really enjoying Crysis than I remember in the past as I remember I died a lot since everyone was shooting me from all directions. The night vision is fun, the binoculars scanning, the combat, the stealth and laying down crawling around enemies through the bushes. The stealth fight was rather fun in the square rendezvous that I had completely forgotten about. I was in one bush restoring my power and something clear walked past me. I was like what on earth, am I seeing things? Since 4 of them had those nano suits.
Loved the ducking, corner leaning and peeping aswell but sadly I'm not liking the lock on toggle weapon view. It should be hold key to view sight, let go back to normal view but cannot see an option for it. Nearly died a few times with this.

The jungle is so lush and so many fond memories that I had forgotten about for the Crysis story. Which now makes sense as you see Prophet in the first.

Crysis 2 was fun, more so on the hardest difficulty but then I realised how scripted a lot of parts were in the direction you had to go but that changed once the battles started. It was fun how they were battling Uncharted style, hiding and peeking or shooting over and around items.

Cannot wait to get into Crysis 3 after I complete Crysis since the first game is so much fun. As Crysis 3 really looks Rambo style. :D

I think Crysis has replaced my Uncharted/Horizon Zero Dawn obsession. :D

Soldato
Yeah, in the MaLDoHD setting dialog you can change the FOV but it said something in the description about some visual bug for something above 63.

Reading around for Crysis, apparently the Steam version doesn't have the 64bit version either.

I'll need to dig around and see what other Crysis mods are kicking about. I never did complete these games but loving them so far. Though for some reason I'm really enjoying Crysis than I remember in the past as I remember I died a lot since everyone was shooting me from all directions. The night vision is fun, the binoculars scanning, the combat, the stealth and laying down crawling around enemies through the bushes. The stealth fight was rather fun in the square rendezvous that I had completely forgotten about. I was in one bush restoring my power and something clear walked past me. I was like what on earth, am I seeing things? Since 4 of them had those nano suits.
Loved the ducking, corner leaning and peeping aswell but sadly I'm not liking the lock on toggle weapon view. It should be hold key to view sight, let go back to normal view but cannot see an option for it. Nearly died a few times with this.

The jungle is so lush and so many fond memories that I had forgotten about for the Crysis story. Which now makes sense as you see Prophet in the first.

Crysis 2 was fun, more so on the hardest difficulty but then I realised how scripted a lot of parts were in the direction you had to go but that changed once the battles started. It was fun how they were battling Uncharted style, hiding and peeking or shooting over and around items.

Cannot wait to get into Crysis 3 after I complete Crysis since the first game is so much fun. As Crysis 3 really looks Rambo style. :D

I think Crysis has replaced my Uncharted/Horizon Zero Dawn obsession. :D
Recently installed Crysis myself, read a lot about the 64bit vs 32bit, and every article said stick with 32bit, no gains using the 64bit exe in tests i read, and i been using 32bit exe with no problems at all, in fact it seems the 64bit exe causes problems for most people.

Caporegime
Yeah, in the MaLDoHD setting dialog you can change the FOV but it said something in the description about some visual bug

I started to read your sentence then realised/remembered that you can indeed alter it in the menu. :o :D

I don't think I've experienced much, if any, in the way of bugs when just using this modification, though when you start adding Blackfire's and the Quality mod then things can get a little more glitchy e.g. the weapon/sight might appear a bit messed up.

V F

V F

Soldato
Yeah it extends and becomes strangely long and small. Too much LOD can make weird things happen as well. I once had missing walls inside some small sections and had to back it down to 9, stock is 6. If I remember correctly too much LOD can make the ai act weird. Rats floating 2 feet above the ground and flying in strange places. As well as the alien AI getting stuck in places or stuck together.

I think I've found a way to fix the Crysis gun view so it doesn't toggle. Lots of tweaking to do tonight. \o/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/17300/discussions/0/613938693182120942/

Caporegime
I tried it a wee while ago and personally couldn't stand the stutter, I imagine it will improve throughout the next year though considering the progress already made..... who knows, maybe 60FPS!!!!

Some battlefront scarif DLC, couldn't really get any particularly stunning shots given it was MP but running through the jungle parts is really nice looking with the lighting and density etc.

a9KiGQQ.png

YSmoWaG.png

0uvUOue.png

VxxD0qg.png

V F

V F

Soldato
Some battlefront scarif DLC, couldn't really get any particularly stunning shots given it was MP but running through the jungle parts is really nice looking with the lighting and density etc.

You're the same? Jungle games never seem to get old. If it bleeds, we can kill it.

V F

V F

Soldato
Some great crysis mods out there, here are a few screenshots from me years ago:

Mini gun is soooo good, the physics are 1 million times better than crysis 2 and 3, let loose all those rounds and it is just like the scene in the predator with the mini gun :cool:

Mods wise:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1014933/a-guide-to-crysis-mods-56k-warning

So many mods are broken links. :/

Yeah, I loved it when the trees were getting ripped apart. Though this didn't quite happen the same in this playthrough, nor have I found a minigun.

I've managed to find a texture pack, very nice. I cannot remember before if Crysis is default DX9 on Origin/Steam. Whatever I had done it is running under DX10 and it is also nice having the Tessellation. Got some higher res weapon skins, the suit, found lots of tweaks and to add AA to the foliage. Lovely the DOF tweaks for the ironsight and best of all once you take your thumb off space, the sight goes back to normal. Really changes the gameplay.

Need to see what other goodies I can find. Loving Crysis so far.

I cannot remember where I originally left off if it was just after the ship. I remember dying a lot there... With the huge circular containers? Currently stopped at some quarry with a strange big mountain. Small tanks and jeeps everywhere patrolling as well as soldiers on foot.

I really despise those chopper gunships. Couldn't get away from one at one point near the huge lake. What a job it was playing hide and seek until it eventually flew off.

Not sure if Crysis feels like Sniper or Sniper feels like Crysis. :D
Loved the crawling through the minefields sneaking past the bouncing betty's.

Loved all the sneaking about the camp sites in and out the cabins popping people with the silencers. He's cloaked!

Back
Top Bottom