***The High-Res Screenshot Thread!***

Soldato
Still playing around with my settings but here are a few.

Police on a rampage.
213p6b7.jpg

Talk about a speed bump.
aokumw.jpg

well he wasn't dead for long :p
i2mvsx.jpg

1zoatsl.jpg

had a load more in the rain but for some reason they wont show up

Soldato
matson......

those screenshots look amazing

whats ya system specs and whats ya GTA rez and settings?

Running 3440x1440 in game. Looks pretty great in ultra wide. Everything is maxed out in game apart from MSAA which is turned off.

Running a 290 in crossfire at 1030/1400
I5 3570K @4.6
Usually get about 50-60 fps until I get to heavy grass areas when its more like 40-60fps.

Soldato
GTAV is the best looking PC game made to date ;) I am certain of that the tessellation details in the offroad & desert areas is stunning :eek: Overall the game artistically is just incredible for such a large game world.

Sure it needs a mega PC to max it out above 1080 but that's to be expected. This just shows us all how much the DX9 era was holding PC gaming back :eek: now we need way more DX11 eye candy this is an exciting new era in PC gaming but we need more titles using DX11 properly ;)

Soldato
For the type of game it is it sure is stunning. Theres better looking games out there but there linear. For an open world game it truly is the best iv seen so far and the thing that amazes me is how alive it feels and how its not just copy/paste areas. Theres so much to do and so much detail and I would trying this with the oculus rift.

Soldato
For the type of game it is it sure is stunning. Theres better looking games out there but there linear. For an open world game it truly is the best iv seen so far and the thing that amazes me is how alive it feels and how its not just copy/paste areas. Theres so much to do and so much detail and I would trying this with the oculus rift.

This, it's a great looking game given that it is open world but there are better looking games. Ryse for instance (see my shots a couple of pages back).

Soldato
GTAV is the best looking PC game made to date ;) I am certain of that the tessellation details in the offroad & desert areas is stunning :eek: Overall the game artistically is just incredible for such a large game world.

Sure it needs a mega PC to max it out above 1080 but that's to be expected. This just shows us all how much the DX9 era was holding PC gaming back :eek: now we need way more DX11 eye candy this is an exciting new era in PC gaming but we need more titles using DX11 properly ;)

DX12 properly would be nicer.

Soldato
What? Eh? wtf? :confused:
So people can now be accused of cheating at taking screenshots?

Well, like I can see why Matson downsized, but without a link to the unedited screenshot it's misleading. Look at the people in here hyping over how good the game looks when in reality it doesn't look like that. I play it maxed out and it doesn't come close to the downsized images in here. Cheating probably wasn't the right word. :D

I've seen a few random games in here that looked amazing, never seen the games before and I go looking for them pretty excited and it's a disappointment when you see the games actually look kinda bad when not downsized. :(

Soldato
It does look as good as that when played though... the downsized images are still jpegs which are heavily compressed and im playing at a res of 3440x1440 which is very sharp. It looks even better on my monitor than it does in the downsized screenshots I posted. Maybe it doesn't look that good on a 1080p screen but the one im using it looks even better.

Back
Top Bottom