***The High-Res Screenshot Thread!***

Caporegime
Fallout 4....

Everything on max except gimpworks god rays, it is set to low (at least I think it is... hard to tell when a basic menu for setting res. etc. is broken lol...) with sweetfx

c4YJPDWh.png.jpg

4ZEA1WFh.png.jpg

t9Y78cah.jpg

RFh3nQKh.png.jpg

XlUlLYKh.png.jpg

GuaF4zJh.png.jpg

jpqjUzrh.png.jpg

dLdIREdh.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
PFFFFFFFFFFFT! 2560x1080 21.9 FTW :p

The extra sharpness/clarity is down to the PPI of the screen ;)

I don't know what it is but the game just looks blurry and this is with sweetfx too. I quite like the art/graphics style but something just seems of about it....

I wouldn't be surprised if the settings are ****ed up though as I still can't believe that in 2015, a pretty big developer of one of the most popular games ever can't even get a basic resolution option to work lol...

I had to do numerous manual fixes in the config files just to get 85 FOV, 21.9 support and to turn off mouse acceleration etc. All of these options should be available in game :o

EDIT:

Just remembered depth of field crap is on so that could be why it looks blurry

Last edited:
Soldato
The extra sharpness/clarity is down to the PPI of the screen ;)
I dont know how we're supposed to tell the PPI or your resolution with those small screenshots.

Also, that extra sharpness is almost assuredly because your SweetFX profile has extra sharpness added, ruining the image quality quite badly. I mean, it's preference and all, but it's amazing all the screens of The Witcher 3 I've seen where people have the sharpness up to the full setting(which is already way too much) and then add even more with SweetFX making a painful looking screenshot.

Lastly, depth of field really only takes effect in conversations and VATS. Any blurriness is likely coming from your anti-aliasing setting, either FXAA or TAA(cant tell cuz your screens are too small). Both of these are preferable to no AA, though.

Anyways, just some constructive criticism/advice.

Also - take full size screens man. Want to see it in full glory.

Soldato
After seven years I finally upgraded my 24" 16:10 monitor. Now I'm part of the 1440p crowd, which is taking some getting used to! My 4gb R9 270x has handled the transition surprisingly well. Though the following bullshots do run in slow motion. :D

Anyway, enough of the dark moody games... time for some technicolour Dragon Age Inquisiton. :p

MmVUHqy.jpg

hcTvhYS.jpg

0Xj0IAJ.jpg

Caporegime
I dont know how we're supposed to tell the PPI or your resolution with those small screenshots.

Also, that extra sharpness is almost assuredly because your SweetFX profile has extra sharpness added, ruining the image quality quite badly. I mean, it's preference and all, but it's amazing all the screens of The Witcher 3 I've seen where people have the sharpness up to the full setting(which is already way too much) and then add even more with SweetFX making a painful looking screenshot.

Lastly, depth of field really only takes effect in conversations and VATS. Any blurriness is likely coming from your anti-aliasing setting, either FXAA or TAA(cant tell cuz your screens are too small). Both of these are preferable to no AA, though.

Anyways, just some constructive criticism/advice.

Also - take full size screens man. Want to see it in full glory.

I thought by now people would know to remove the h before .PNG for the full size versions when it comes to my screenshots :p

And yes I don't disagree, I will need to experiment with the sweetfx aa and sharpness settings as well as the in game aa, I usually turn in game aa off since sweetfx adds it and usually a better job with less of an impact on performance.

Like I said, I need to go through settings again as I just wanted to see how the game ran first with max settings as well as to just play it :p

Will post more screenies later tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited:
Soldato
Some more screenies, remove the h before .png for full size versions :p

HzwEthkh.jpg

4tz2Kh2h.jpg

5mgGBbwh.jpg

hDsKpSjh.png.jpg

URBKHeWh.png.jpg

mrHvBK0h.jpg

slw0Pu0h.png.jpg

cxleCR5h.png.jpg

OT4EUJwh.png.jpg

EYxg6BEh.png.jpg

jCvYx2Ph.png.jpg

U3noR2ch.png.jpg

And the bad thing about 21.9 at times.... The menu/UI :(

LJRxxQ1h.png.jpg
Exteriors are not the problem with this game interiors look horrendous try with then without the pipboy light on the gfx are lacking lot it highlights how dull the interior wall textures are. Its either a major bug (like the crazy weather systems changing all over the place) or a massive mistake forgetting to put any shader fx on the interiors unless your using the green pipboy light!

Soldato
Planetary Annihilation, play it you heathens!

857277422.jpg

417815211.jpg

944998764.jpg

452534960.jpg

604395992.jpg

892045807.jpg

316014313.jpg

Soldato
To me Fallout 4 just looks same old same old. The only recent game that has impressed me is GTA V.

I mean look at vanilla Crysis, 8 years ago for gods sake!

HSlKFxz.png

vCegeJB.png

Soldato
No single player. There's missions and survival mode which is just with AI and its okay for a little while the only reason to get this game is proper MP against other people.

Back
Top Bottom