***The High-Res Screenshot Thread!***

Soldato
That SweetFX profile you're using is truly, truly awful. Standard shot looks worlds better.

Yeah. The profile generally works pretty well in darker locations but in this one it looks ridiculously oversaturated and obscures all the detail and depth of the characters. I'm not too fussed about using SFX since vanilla already looks very good but I think there are a couple of nice presets which are not as overblown. I'll probably try them out in the evening and post some screens if they're any good:p

Soldato
Yeah. The profile generally works pretty well in darker locations but in this one it looks ridiculously oversaturated and obscures all the detail and depth of the characters. I'm not too fussed about using SFX since vanilla already looks very good but I think there are a couple of nice presets which are not as overblown. I'll probably try them out in the evening and post some screens if they're any good:p
Yea, I mean, you used a profile that obviously highly emphasized blues and took screenshots on a scene that is predominantly blue in the first place. Nothing good was going to come of that! lol

Frankly, from what I've seen, a very slight use of Vibrance for a tad extra color saturation, combined with the inherent sharpness improvements of a 4k downsample provide about as pleasing and balanced a picture as you're going to get. Square Enix already nailed the color balance in the game. It doesn't need to be tweaked much at all. You are far more likely to over or under saturate certain color gamuts than make an improvement.

This comes down to the old 'just because you can, doesn't mean you should' rule.

Soldato
Yea, I mean, you used a profile that obviously highly emphasized blues and took screenshots on a scene that is predominantly blue in the first place. Nothing good was going to come of that! lol

Frankly, from what I've seen, a very slight use of Vibrance for a tad extra color saturation, combined with the inherent sharpness improvements of a 4k downsample provide about as pleasing and balanced a picture as you're going to get. Square Enix already nailed the color balance in the game. It doesn't need to be tweaked much at all. You are far more likely to over or under saturate certain color gamuts than make an improvement.

This comes down to the old 'just because you can, doesn't mean you should' rule.

The game looked bloody awful in those SFX shots, too bad I realised after posting them:p

This works a lot better, adds a bit of vibrance and gets rid of the slight "washiness" of vanilla without looking like Saturday Night Fever (carries a bit of a performance hit though, so I'll probably stick with vanilla in the end):

34peznp.jpg

apih5u.jpg

25q4oco.jpg

21axt9u.jpg

144a5ty.jpg

vp9ri0.jpg

2ngwq5l.jpg

These shots still don't do FXIII justice, it looks a lot better in motion. It's simply a very pleasant game to look at and has aged tremendously well.

Soldato
The game looked bloody awful in those SFX shots, too bad I realised after posting them:p

This works a lot better, adds a bit of vibrance and gets rid of the slight "washiness" of vanilla without looking like Saturday Night Fever (carries a bit of a performance hit though, so I'll probably stick with vanilla in the end):

These shots still don't do FXIII justice, it looks a lot better in motion. It's simply a very pleasant game to look at and has aged tremendously well.
Yea, those look great. And the game looks damn next-gen at times, definitely.

Far Cry 4

sC7b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom