The Huw Edwards situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I've just had a gander on social media and really wish I had not. People really need to remember that presumption of innocence applies. Remember Cliff Richard?

From a legal stand point yes but this is someone paid with public money and regardless of the criminal side of it there is also the aspect of whether as an organisation, they consider the allegation if found true, to have brought the organisations reputation / brand into disrepute / damaged / breach of employment terms. So even if not criminal, this persons career in most sectors where brand image etc is important, is done.

Last edited:

NVP

NVP

Soldato
We spent ages last night trying to work out who it could be. We have a few people who we wish to be innocent but we don't know who we think 'dun it'
VygvaMw.gif

Soldato
So we know the potential outcomes if the person asked for images when the younger person was under 18 but what do people realistically think will happen if it's shown that the person was over 18 when receiving the images?

Does everyone just forget about it and let the man move on?..

Edit - also, what happens if it's shown that the younger person lied about their age and said they were older?

The unwashed masses will never let it be.

Last edited:
Soldato
So we know the potential outcomes if the person asked for images when the younger person was under 18 but what do people realistically think will happen if it's shown that the person was over 18 when receiving the images?

Does everyone just forget about it and let the man move on?..

Edit - also, what happens if it's shown that the younger person lied about their age and said they were older?

The unwashed masses will never let it be.

The court of public opinion has already decided the accused is a child grooming mega paedo, so their career is in tatters regardless I suspect, even if it ends up being 'technically ok'. Unless it comes out to be a complete falsehood, which seems unlikely currently, I doubt we'll be seeing much more of them.

Man of Honour
There is one name in particular that hasn't appeared on the air and hasn't offered any denials - the longer this goes on, the more likely that looks...

Whether that photo is real, nobody knows.

I suspect the BBC will have to name the person later.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Apparently the photo is from a Snapchat video and reports state the video was being shared on Snapchat. I've not seen it, only the still.

The court of public opinion has already decided the accused is a child grooming mega paedo, so their career is in tatters regardless I suspect, even if it ends up being 'technically ok'. Unless it comes out to be a complete falsehood, which seems unlikely currently, I doubt we'll be seeing much more of them.

Unfortunate as it is, I think if you want to put yourself in the eyes of the public (presenters, musicians, actors, politicians etc) then you need to appear to be squeaky clean, even if the things you may want to do are not technically illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom