The Huw Edwards situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't seen the picture in question, but just because somebody has a dodgy photo out there doesn't make them suspect #1.

Hell, earlier I was sent a Morph selfie where he's standing their proudly displaying a rather impressive hard-on, it doesn't mean he's the BBC staff member in question either.
True, like I said though not really paid much attention to it but seems they are on the rumour list, though most BBC presenters are.

The allegation from the mother of the young person is that her child was 17 when the BBC presenter started paying them in exchange for explicit photos for thousands of pounds.

The young person has said - through a lawyer - their mother’s claims are rubbish.

So the 20 year old man is saying they were an adult but his mom says he wasn't.

If the police walk away from this saying there's no evidence of any illegal behaviour I would not be surprised.

When accusing someone of being a victim they should actually agree that they are a victim.

If you can't contact the complainer then what basic checks can you do, other than speak to the person being accused?

Attempting to contact for more information is the basic checking...

If you can't contact the complainer then what basic checks can you do, other than speak to the person being accused?
If someone has fired in a complaint and won't substantiate it, that's even more reason not to be dragging the employee into it immediately.

These things need to be handled properly and with the right processes, you don't just start talking to the employee.

This works both ways too - what if the complaint was legit and you've just given them the opportunity to go home and dispose of a load of evidence before you later realise you should have been advising the police a serious crime had been committed?

If someone has fired in a complaint and won't substantiate it, that's even more reason not to be dragging the employee into it immediately.

These things need to be handled properly and with the right processes, you don't just start talking to the employee.

This works both ways too - what if the complaint was legit and you've just given them the opportunity to go home and dispose of a load of evidence before you later realise you should have been advising the police a serious crime had been committed?
I see where you're coming from in the procedure.

I think this whole issue as been mishandled by the parents going to the BBC and then The Sun. They should have just contacted the police if they felt something illegal had gone on.

I would suggest it's pretty safe, given the police's intransigence, that the potentially weak minded, drug addicted seller of salacious photos / videos of themselves is not a "person of colour". Knees are probably not needing to be exercised across the nation's police forces. The media prevalent "woke" cops are probably wondering how they can drag Brexit and hopefully Boris and lack of funding into this.... :)

From the relatively little we as the public know it would appear all parties are looking potentially slimy and probably mendacious.

I see where you're coming from in the procedure.

I think this whole issue as been mishandled by the parents going to the BBC and then The Sun. They should have just contacted the police if they felt something illegal had gone on.
Massively mishandled, so you can see why some people suspect foul play on their part given the current situation* seems to be that the parents chose to provide whatever evidence they had to a tabloid rather than the organisation they'd made a complaint to or indeed the police.

*a situation which seems to be changing quite wildly everytime an update appears.

They did, and the police said they didn't think a crime had been committed back in April

Then they contacted the BBC in May. The BBC couldn't get hold of them, when they were trying to investigate.

The they waited a few months and went to The Sun.

It's pretty bizzare of the parents really.

Last edited:
So the 20 year old man is saying they were an adult but his mom says he wasn't.

If the police walk away from this saying there's no evidence of any illegal behaviour I would not be surprised.

When accusing someone of being a victim they should actually agree that they are a victim.

Attempting to contact for more information is the basic checking...
The mother and sibling are apparently estranged though, probably due to the sibling being hooked on drugs. Therefore it's plausible that the sibling wants the extra income and the parents are at their wits end to intervene by making the complaint.

I don't believe they investigated it, they went to the police and they said no thanks. Given policing levels it's probably the standard response ( they should have said the presenter misgendered their son, would have been all over it then :D )

Yeah, it's not the parents who look bad when news broke that the beeb sent one email and then called a non responsive number (non responsive number would be generally a dead line)

Nothing to suggest they were paid is there? Hell they are still anonymous, if they wanted to 'cash in' they would have gone public and hope other news outlets would give them some sweet sweet appearance money

Leave me alone or I'll go to the police seems the right thing to do in an instance of harassment does it not?

The police force has officially stated they investigated it, the case has now been reopened with the met to look into it.

We don't know that there was harassment as we don't know the messages. Other than what's been reported the presenter sent abusive messages after being threatened the victim will go to police. So as I said we'll see what comes out of it.

The original family though, seem to take issue that no crime was committed so set about ruining the presenters career rather than looking elsewhere for the reason their son turned to drugs and became an addict.

Could the parents have done more themselves? Who knows,

So far we only have what's been reported in the news and the facts are currently

The local police force have stated that no crime was committed when they investigated

The BBC tried to contact the parents twice with no answer (maybe should have tried a bit more, but that goes to both parties)

The guys own lawyer has come out and stated that no crime was committed.

So why is there such an issue?

The sun appears to have not done their due diligence

Here's an article from the guardian (one of the more trustworthy papers) questioning the sun's due diligence and the cracks that have appeared in their story?

Last edited:
The mother and sibling are apparently estranged though, probably due to the sibling being hooked on drugs. Therefore it's plausible that the sibling wants the extra income and the parents are at their wits end to intervene by making the complaint.

It's also plausible that the parents are too busy trying to blame everyone else for Thier son's problems rather than looking closer to home.

I'm pretty certain this current circus isn't doing the lads mental health any good and could possibly turn him back to drugs...

Yeah well done parents...

It's also plausible that the parents are too busy trying to blame everyone else for Thier son's problems rather than looking closer to home.

I'm pretty certain this current circus isn't doing the lads mental health any good and could possibly turn him back to drugs...

Yeah well done parents...
Possibly but maybe they embellished their report, as to when things started when their original complaint didn't seem to be going anywhere. They may have chosen to go to the papers as a different form of justice, to get the presenter sacked at the very least.

Last edited:
This entire situation is strange. The story seems to be that; maybe someone, could or could not have done something with minor. Simultaneously the british media has apparently grown a conscious and have realised that posting someones name and dragging them through the mud, when they have not been proven to be guilty of a crime is bad.

Huh, interesting.

Possibly but maybe they embellished their report, as to when things started when their original complaint didn't seem to be going anywhere. They may have chosen to go to the papers as a different form of justice, to get the presenter sacked at the very least.

Maybe but what does the son want?

I'm sure he doesn't want to be harassed by the papers

When this eventually all comes out in the open, and I'm sure it will.

The parents seem to be a bit selfish thinking they are doing right but not listening. Bad parenting in my book, no matter what age the kids are you never stop being a parent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom