The Huw Edwards situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were running a business based on having high professional standards and your main public facing employee has an indecent image of himself circulating online then there is a conflict of interest.
Indecent? Assuming it's the picture I've seen then it's funny but hardly indecent. All you can see are a couple of hairy buttocks almost side on. I've had women in the past send me worse. Maybe I should try to find some and insist they resign.

In this persons case I think it will come down to the circumstances. If he has done anything wrong then he should be gone. If not, then he shouldn't (although I suspect his career will be over either way).

There is a photo of him in a compromising position.

Unless it's a big AI generated conspiracy picture then he's already destroyed his own reputation.

I suppose without knowing the circumstances it seems unfair to assume they sent this photo deliberately to the person.

For all we know this person could have found a photo, claimed it was sent to them and threatened to blackmail the presenter over it?

You see plenty of people complaining that their ex/etc took compromising photos of them which they shared without consent.

Are you suggesting that someone skills be able to phone the employer of someone else, say they have “evidence” of wrongdoing and demand that company sack or suspend them.

Shouldn’t that kind of thing be left up to the police to handle? It seems strange to me that the BBC(or the employer of an individual) is somehow being given grief over this? It almost seems like this entire story is being framed by other sources as an attack against the BBC.

It’s hard to imagine another company being targeted in the same way?

And trust me when I say I loathe the BBC more than most!

Last edited:
Have you got an official source that links the presenter pictured with the presenter in this incident/story? Or, is it all just circumstantial? :confused:
Source? It has his god damn face on in it :cry:

It's basically this pose, but imagine it's the BBC presenter, naked from the waist down :cry:

back-view-latino-man-looking-with-happy-smile-turning-around-isolated-white-wearing-blank-heather-grey-clothing_346278-1048.jpg

Country falling to pieces,government failing at everything they do, inflation through the roof, recession, job losses and house repossessions imminent...
Main news story, alleged perv on the telly.
Basically, look over there, squirrel!

I do also agree with that sentiment. Very odd that this is somehow the leading news story on every mainstream media channel given other global and National events.

Last edited:
Source? It has his god damn face on in it :cry:
Again, is the presenter pictured the same presenter that's being accused by the mother/step-father/The Sun? Simple yes or no and, if it's a yes, then you should have an official source or statement that backs it up along with a name :)

Do you honestly think it's likely it's anyone else that's been accused at this point?
Lots of BBC presenters (past and present) have been accused, including Mr Blobby if you believe the socials :cry:

Edit - i am quite surprised there's a load of folk who preach the 'you shouldn't believe everything you read in the media' line but will happily believe a photo posted by LFCDaveyBoy1989 on Twitter....

Last edited:
I suppose without knowing the circumstances it seems unfair to assume they sent this photo deliberately to the person.

For all we know this person could have found a photo, claimed it was sent to them and threatened to blackmail the presenter over it?

You see plenty of people complaining that their ex/etc took compromising photos of them which they shared without consent.

Are you suggesting that someone skills be able to phone the employer of someone else, say they have “evidence” of wrongdoing and demand that company sack or suspend them.

Shouldn’t that kind of thing be left up to the police to handle? It seems strange to me that the BBC(or the employer of an individual) is somehow being given grief over this? It almost seems like this entire story is being framed by other sources as an attack against the BBC.

It’s hard to imagine another company being targeted in the same way?

And trust me when I say I loathe the BBC more than most!
I agree that the parents should have gone to the police first. Though if the victim was 17 then there likely would be an element of grooming going on to so as a compromise they might have agreed not to approach the police.

The BBC as made this situation bigger than it should have been by not responding to the initial complaint. They should have told the parents to contact the police.

Indecent? Assuming it's the picture I've seen then it's funny but hardly indecent. All you can see are a couple of hairy buttocks almost side on. I've had women in the past send me worse. Maybe I should try to find some and insist they resign.

In this persons case I think it will come down to the circumstances. If he has done anything wrong then he should be gone. If not, then he shouldn't (although I suspect his career will be over either way).
On the legal side if the victim was 17 then its a criminal offence.

If the victim was 18 it is still pretty bad to have one of the top front facing people being seen like that in public. TV people have been sacked for a lot less.

I think the presenter needs to get ahead of the story. I'm not heartless to his situation. But this silly guessing game going on now is probably the most stressful for all involved.

Only one is still seriously being discussed
There's about four or five in the running, latest one being an (ex) Top Gear presenter, if you believe the socials. Problem is, there's zero actual evidence linking the photo to the accused in the story other than people just randomly posting the name and photo around.

It's a bit like the UFO thread - people take X and then try and join the dots with fallacies in an attempt to make it credible without any actual proof or evidence. It just highlights how gullible some of the populous is :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom