The Huw Edwards situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
OP

JRS

JRS

Soldato
BBC: Claims about presenter 'rubbish' - young person's lawyer https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-66159357

The 'victim' has a lawyer who has released a statement saying the claims are rubbish

That's gonna make it rather awkward for a few people if they have to row back on what they've said.

What a mess.

Soldato
The thing I don’t understand is why is the BBC involved in this case? Surely the parents of the child involved would have gone to the police with any evidence? Why would the employer of the accused be involved in this unless they’d been contacted by the police directly? It sounds like the parents contacted the BBC directly which seems like an odd thing to do?

Also, isn’t this person innocent until proven guilty? At the moment these are only allegations? Surely until the police have investigated this is effectively a non-story?

is it just me or doesn’t this this entire story and the circumstances around it seem a bit strange?

Last edited:
Soldato
The thing I don’t understand is why is the BBC involved in this case? Surely the parents of the child involved would have gone to the police with any evidence? Why would the employer of the accused be involved in this unless they’d been contacted by the police directly? It sounds like the parents contacted the BBC directly which seems like an odd thing to do?

Also, isn’t this person innocent until proven guilty? At the moment these are only allegations? Surely until the police have investigated this is effectively a non-story?

Doesn’t this all seem a but strange?

The fact the parents went to the sun before the cops, says it all.

Soldato

is it just me or doesn’t this this entire story and the circumstances around it seem a bit strange?

The BBC had to become involved once the Sun had published an article claiming that a BBC presenter had been accused of a potential crime. All they would probably have done is spoken to the accused to get their side of events, and then get in touch with the police - which they had done.

The person is innocent until proven guilty, hence the lack of identity being published. The police still had to investigate as there was an accusation made that this presenter had explicit pictures of what's essentially a child.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom