The impending environmental disaster

Soldato
ok .. the earth is a self healing unit .. has been for millions of yrs ..theres a thing called a glacial and inter glacial period .. that happens .. guess which one we are in and then guess how long we have before we go into the other ?
on long term reflection .. 10k yrs or so we are getting colder .. but the earth has this funny mechanism if you melt the poles it shut's down the heat transport of the planet .. thus sending us into a very fast and shocking cold period ... there also that modern minimum thats happening to the sun .. yes it's just started .. but have a look at what happened last time ..
and if you think co2 is anything but plant food ..you need to go back to school ...

no i don't wear a tinfoil hat .. i just read a lot

If you read a lot you should be aware that the conclusive scientific consensus is that human activity has led to the substantial increase in global temperatures.

Soldato
So your saying the if 80% moved to electric cars. It would not help?

A single person here and there adds up.

That would help in terms of emissions of pollutants, but it wouldn't necessarily help with overall greenhouse gas emissions because electric cars are not green. Their power is just generated elsewhere.

So it's Just the developed countries.

And you would agree that letting more people from 3rd world countries in to the UK, is adding to the problem.
We in the UK need less people.

They continue to exist whether they're in the UK or not. We'd just be displacing the problem.

Caporegime
OP
I think the stand out is Hs2. So much cost, so little benefit, so much destruction and it was approved.

If things like this are still going ahead those in power obviously don't care (like we know)

Caporegime
Birth rate drops as poverty drops. The sooner we can lift countries out of poverty, the sooner the birth rate will drop.

We need the third world to have our western existence. If everyone was on the same level you couldn't have all your cheap tat that we have now. Everyone wants their cake and eat it.

How many people are willing to give that up? The percentage is very small.

Caporegime
OP
We need the third world to have our western existence. If everyone was on the same level you couldn't have all your cheap tat that we have now. Everyone wants their cake and eat it.

How many people are willing to give that up? The percentage is very small.

This.

Imagine everyone being the average American. The world would just die. Its impossible.

Permabanned
If you read a lot you should be aware that the conclusive scientific consensus is that human activity has led to the substantial increase in global temperatures.
since ? you mean the so called 90k surveys ? to tom dick and harry ? cmip 5 and 95% of the other models are wrong it's been proven .. when real data does not follow a model ie: the hockey stick .. no where near btw ..
go read some of the new stuff in Nature

the Journal of Atmospheric and Solar-Terrestrial Physics or The Heartland Institute’s 2013 NIPCC report stated that the earth “has not warmed significantly for the past 16 years despite an 8% increase in atmospheric CO2.”

Asia-Pacific Journal of Atmospheric Science study using observational data rather than computer climate models concluded that “the models are exaggerating climate sensitivity” and overestimate how fast the earth will warm as CO2 levels increase

Two other studies using observational data found that IPCC projections of future global warming are too high. [76] [97] Climatologist and former NASA scientist Roy Spencer, PhD, concluded that 95% of climate models have “over-forecast the warming trend since 1979.” [77] According to Emeritus Professor of Geography at the University of Winnipeg, Tim Ball, PhD, “IPCC computer climate models are the vehicles of deception… [T]hey create the results they are designed to produce.”

it's a real eye opener i'm hoping yours will open soon ..

Soldato
since ? you mean the so called 90k surveys ? to tom dick and harry ? cmip 5 and 95% of the other models are wrong it's been proven .. when real data does not follow a model ie: the hockey stick .. no where near btw ..
go read some of the new stuff in Nature

the Journal of Atmospheric and Solar-Terrestrial Physics or The Heartland Institute’s 2013 NIPCC report stated that the earth “has not warmed significantly for the past 16 years despite an 8% increase in atmospheric CO2.”

Asia-Pacific Journal of Atmospheric Science study using observational data rather than computer climate models concluded that “the models are exaggerating climate sensitivity” and overestimate how fast the earth will warm as CO2 levels increase

Two other studies using observational data found that IPCC projections of future global warming are too high. [76] [97] Climatologist and former NASA scientist Roy Spencer, PhD, concluded that 95% of climate models have “over-forecast the warming trend since 1979.” [77] According to Emeritus Professor of Geography at the University of Winnipeg, Tim Ball, PhD, “IPCC computer climate models are the vehicles of deception… [T]hey create the results they are designed to produce.”

it's a real eye opener i'm hoping yours will open soon ..

Seeing as you quoted NASA im sure you will love this

There is a nice graph in there showing the warming as well, I dont see how you will dispute it.

Caporegime
OP
Seeing as you quoted NASA im sure you will love this

There is a nice graph in there showing the warming as well, I dont see how you will dispute it.

I think people like flea find a few papers that dispute consensus, push those out and ignore the majority. Its a bizarre mindset but its similar to conspiracy theory types who select a few 'papers' and point to those to dispute all the others.

Back
Top Bottom