The iOS11 Thread

Soldato
I see IOS 11 is now appearing in ITunes, went to update ITunes today to 12.7 and also got a prompt to update to IOS 11

Last edited:
Associate
Upgraded my 6 to ios 11. It's seriously slow now. :(
Yea, i did the same and went back to 10.3.3 ASAP!

It was "slower" but not seriously slow. I tried an app load test and like i said above, they were down on load times etc but once loaded up, all seemed fine. Surprisingly, I found the control panel smooth to ues (?). Half of me wants to go to 11.0.0 but 10.3.3 seems to be about the limit now for iPhone 6 (non S) IMH.

Shouldn't apple put a disclaimer on the websites:

""""IPhone 6 and lower will benefit from all of the IOS 11.0 features of their more expensive counterparts, but will/may reduce performance so please be aware of this when updating"""""

Last edited:

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

11 will get better on older hardware with the point releases (e.g. 11.1). Also, there's always a period of intense CPU after the upgrade. Things like facial recognition of all your photos. Give it 48 hours and it should feel much better. Battery on my 6S was terrible the day I upgraded, but the following it was fine, and has been fine since.

Soldato
One interesting thing is they offer 2 factor auth now, for every single time you sign into your device.
I truly can't think of anything more terrible and cumbersome.
Would be amazed if anyone uses this by default, might be a useful feature to turn on if you think you are about to get robbed, but can't think of many other applications, even business use isn't very useful unless people have high risk data, and if they have WTF are they using an ipad for...

Is the two factor auth used on phones too? LOL so you need to log into your phone to get the code you need to log into your phone with?

Obviously I am missing the purpose.

V F

V F

Soldato
Yea, i did the same and went back to 10.3.3 ASAP!

It was "slower" but not seriously slow. I tried an app load test and like i said above, they were down on load times etc but once loaded up, all seemed fine. Surprisingly, I found the control panel smooth to ues (?). Half of me wants to go to 11.0.0 but 10.3.3 seems to be about the limit now for iPhone 6 (non S) IMH.

Shouldn't apple put a disclaimer on the websites:

""""IPhone 6 and lower will benefit from all of the IOS 11.0 features of their more expensive counterparts, but will/may reduce performance so please be aware of this when updating"""""

Wish I didn’t dive in. No idea why I did.

Soldato
Agreed.
How do you close apps in the double click screen now?
Swipe the apps up to close them.

The swipe up doesn't have brightness control and stuff now, shame.
Have to double click for such niceness.
Technically it does, when you do a full swipe up, but it’s annoying because you have to effectively come out of the app, so it seems a lot clunkier than the simple control centre in iOS 10 :(

Soldato
Interesting, when the app store is opened on an ipad air, it opens on some new news and info screen, which seems to reload an reload until the app crashes and dies.
Not a great job.

Back
Top Bottom