*** The iPad Air thread ***

Soldato
Been using my dad's iPad Air. Can't believe how bad the tab refreshing is. It's an absolutely awful internet experience if you like using more than 3 tabs at once.

He loves it, but I feel like it's worse for web browsing than computers I had 10 years ago.

Soldato
I'll definitely be selling mine if the new air has more memory. It drives me mad. It also seems to have got progressively worse over time.

Soldato
What will you do with yours? Is the bay the best place to get rid? I've heard some horror stories lately of dodgy buyers

bay is bad since they take a chunk, I would recommend either using ocuk, hotukdeals or gumtree. Typically try meet in person if possible as that reduces any sort of issues,

Soldato
bay is bad since they take a chunk, I would recommend either using ocuk, hotukdeals or gumtree. Typically try meet in person if possible as that reduces any sort of issues,
Avoid HUKD. Bunch of cheapskates who have no intention of buying anything that they post in response to. Listed my 13" 2011 MBP with 8GB RAM and a 128GB Crucial m4 in truly stunning condition (not a single mark, the keys didn't even show signs of wear!), only to receive all kinds of ridiculous "reasons" stating how it was massively overpriced (it wasn't). Machines that were severely beaten were going for the prices that some were "offering" (plenty of time wasters!), got all kinds of crap such as "oh that machine that sold on here recently had a bigger hard drive" (mechanical, mine had an SSD), "oh it's a buyer's market" (true, but I'm not selling my machine to a scum for £120 less than it is actually worth).

Sold using eBay (but not through eBay, you can figure out what I'm talking about), was sold within six hours at a very fair price on both ends. Of course, don't actually sell through eBay, as it's...eBay.

Stick with forums with a relevant audience, Gumtree, etc.

EDIT: Just realised that I posted in response to a six month old post...

Last edited:
Soldato
Is anyone able to help me find a tidy glass screen protector? Any recommendations?

Don't really see the point in one for the iPad. I've got mine in the apple leather full case (does cost a bit!) but it's kept my iPad screen mark free since I got it at release.

Phones take a lot more abuse being in pockets etc so higher chance of a mark, hence I've got one in my ip6.

Soldato
Don't really see the point in one for the iPad. I've got mine in the apple leather full case (does cost a bit!) but it's kept my iPad screen mark free since I got it at release.

Phones take a lot more abuse being in pockets etc so higher chance of a mark, hence I've got one in my ip6.

Mainly because I have a load of Fisher Price apps etc on it that my 18 month old loves and I'd like to keep the screen reasonably tidy.

Back
Top Bottom