**The iPhone 5 accessory thread**

Soldato
I had the Knomo for the 4S and it was an excellent pouch. The only reason I haven't got one for the 5 is just because I wanted something different (I have matching Colcasac cases for my 5 and my iPad).

Soldato
Anybody found a working 3rd part lightning cable?

I've just bought an official apple one for the car, but ideally I'd like a third for work, but without paying £15!!!

Soldato
Anybody found a working 3rd part lightning cable?

I've just bought an official apple one for the car, but ideally I'd like a third for work, but without paying £15!!!

Been looking online, all the usual suspects have them, but none of the reviews are particularly favourable.

I liked having at least two cables in every room of the house before. Having just one that I need to take to work and bring home is getting old, fast.

Soldato
Soldato
Did Jobs really die because he was too stupid to seek real cancer treatment and instead on insist with hippy crap?

Because he's made some damn fine hardware here except a decent car dock.

Anyone find a decent car dock for the iPhone 5? (Assume the car charger will be a separate element) I've got the Mrs one for Xmas that she will kill me for buying see.

Soldato
Did Jobs really die because he was too stupid to seek real cancer treatment and instead on insist with hippy crap?

He delayed his treatment after he was initially diagnosed with cancer to find alternative treatments. My understanding is that the type of cancer Jobs had was aggressive therefore early treatment is recommend but it was no guarantee of success.

Anyone find a decent car dock for the iPhone 5? (Assume the car charger will be a separate element) I've got the Mrs one for Xmas that she will kill me for buying see.

I've not looked for car docks but I have a USB to cigarette lighter adapter so I can plug in any device with a USB cable to charge while driving.

Soldato
Had an email from them about it last week. They seem quite confident in it, so it'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

Think they might be sending one out for me to play with, so I'll report back if it arrives.

If you do, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts but it still seems expensive for a phone dock once you factor in delivery.

Soldato
Would strongly advise against the Mujjo leather sleeve, I've had mine for just under 4 weeks and it's already coming apart :( they only have a 30 day warranty so I should be okay but for an expensive product this isn't impressive.

21cvypz.jpg

Also found this review which had the same issue after just a few days: http://www.minimallyminimal.com/blog/things-you-wear-macbook-pro-sleeve-mujjo-iphone-5-sleeve and have also discovered that, despite advertising 'Dutch Craftsmanship', everything is made in Shanghai which is quite misleading.

Last edited:
Associate
I had the Knomo for the 4S and it was an excellent pouch. The only reason I haven't got one for the 5 is just because I wanted something different (I have matching Colcasac cases for my 5 and my iPad).

Which phone pouch did/do you prefer of the 2? They work out the same price, and I will probably order one of them... but which one!?!?

Permabanned
bought a case for my iphone 5 but although it protects the phone its a nightmare to use for a phonecall lol
its one of the leather flip kind think if it fliped open from the bottom of the phone it would be better but i cant find one anywhere

Associate
Hey guys I finally upgraded to an iphone 5. This thing is blisteringly quick compared to my vanilla iphone 3 ha ha. Anyways what I want to know is whether or not anyone has tried the deff cleave bumper case for their iphone. The case looks so elegant and sophisticated. However I am worried about the reception with it being a metal casing or is this a non factor the new iphone 5.

Sam

Sam

Soldato
Got mine today, fantastic case and so worth the £5 it cost. Im sending the switch easy case back, what a load of crap :mad:

OK it was great to start with however the plastic has now discoloured and it ruins the look of my iphone.

Whats the best clear / thin case ... Ive had a switcheasy and that was rubbish so it went back

Sam

Back
Top Bottom