**The iPhone 5 accessory thread**

Soldato
So, CES is around the corner and its rumoured more then a few companies will be showing off their Lightning connector docks/accessories. Anyone else looking forward to seeing whats out there? Really need a new dock :(

Soldato
So, CES is around the corner and its rumoured more then a few companies will be showing off their Lightning connector docks/accessories. Anyone else looking forward to seeing whats out there? Really need a new dock :(

Really looking forward to this week - I really want a nice dock to sit at my bedside, and the rumours are suggesting some really nice docks on show :)

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Got some matte protectors from media devil and a frequency case. I love the protectors! Case seems decent too.

Will get some pics when I have access to camera

Soldato
The only thing I can fault,is the texture on the case. I got the element, which is a rough sort of rubber/matte finish. I think this will go shiny over time.
Get this case in the standard finish and it would be the ultimate iPhone 5 case.

You'll be surprised. Been using my Casecrown Black Lux Glider since mid October and hardly any shiny/wearing look at all. This isn't just me talking rubbish either as I'm comparing this against a brand new one which I bought as a spare :p

Associate
bought tech21 case as it was hard and tight it started to take out some aluminium when removing it from the case, so bought a nice gel case from cpw £12.99 rocketfish clear as i have white damn nice!! need a tough screen protector job done! phone is light so if it dropped wont go down as a bang and should have sufficient enough protection. unless dropped over 10ft or so!!

Soldato
Ever since I got this phone knowing how sensitive it is to scratches I haven't dropped it once or put it in my pocket with keys or anything. I have had it in multiple cases and bring it out everyday to clean yet it still has marks on it! I'm deciding to go nude as most of my problems seem to arise is with dust and crap going into the case and damaging it.

Associate
Went naked with my iPhone 5. My phone was a perfect 10/10 when I got it out of the box, and now it has quite a bit of scratches on the top & bottom parts of the chamfered edges. Doesnt bother me though..

Associate
I've been using the Cygnett Carbon Fiber case for the last few days, impressed to say the least. I didn't want to encase the phone in a fully protective case, just wanted a slim but good looking one.

Would recommend to anyone looking for a slim fit case which happens to cover the back/sides and look good in the process!

Now awaiting the arrival of the MediaDevil Matte Clear screen protector, reviews indicate MediaDevil has the best screen protectors.

Associate
Now awaiting the arrival of the MediaDevil Matte Clear screen protector, reviews indicate MediaDevil has the best screen protectors.

If I was you I would send the matte back, and get MediaDevil to swap it for the crystal clear.

I have the MediaDevil screen protectors on mine. I also, ordered the Matte Clear. When mine arrived,I put on the screen protector and was really pleased. You couldn't even tell it was on: no difference what so ever. I then went to put the other on my wife's iPhone, and wasn't pleased: it made the screen look really dull, and just crap looking :(

This was when I realised, that the first screen protector was, in fact, a crystal clear. This must have been a mix up in packaging at MediaDevil. I am really glad it happened, as the clear is a much better product. I took the matte off the wife's phone, immediately: as it looked that bad.

Their customer care is amazing. They will bend over backwards, to help you out. I told them what happened with the mix up, and they sent me out a new pack of crystal clear the next day.

Last edited:
Associate
For anyone, that is interested. I have had my Casecrown,Element slider, for about 15 days now. When I first got it, I was concerned the finish would mark easily. So far,so good, seems to be holding up well. I also, have a media devil screen protector on it as well. I would highly recommend this combo to anyone :)

medium.jpg

148376062.jpg

Soldato
Decided to try out the CaseCrown Lux Glider Case and so far it's great! Fits very snuggly, the inside back is covered in felt which should stop any dirt getting round there and scratching the back. The only thing I don't like about it is the thickness of the sides. It does look like a quality product though.

I also bought an iPhone 5 Hybrid Rubberised Case, was only £5 so thought I'd take a punt. Not had more than a few minutes with it by it is so thin! Can't even notice there's a case on the phone. Only negative about it is there are small gaps on the corners which dirt can probably get down and scratch the sides, if the sides are still susceptible to scratching like the 4/4S?

Now I'm stuck between which case to use! Decisions decisions!

Back
Top Bottom