**The iPhone 5 accessory thread**

Anyone got a decent cradle for the car? Fit to windscreen or dashboard.

Or am I best off going for the best looking one on ebay?

Having dumped my case I like the feel of the iPhone, but I'd quite like to get a thin skinned back for it, any recommendations of a place to get one with a cool design or even if I could supply my own image?

Anyone got a decent cradle for the car? Fit to windscreen or dashboard.

Or am I best off going for the best looking one on ebay?

Having dumped my case I like the feel of the iPhone, but I'd quite like to get a thin skinned back for it, any recommendations of a place to get one with a cool design or even if I could supply my own image?

I use an oso mount 2

Sticks to the dash like no ones business, or the wind screen etc

Sorry, only just saw this...

knomo_front.jpg

Does this have any sort of raised lip at the front (however small) that would stop the sceen getting scratched if it was placed face down?

*edit*

While I'm on the matter, does anyone have any experience with the following?

- Casemate barely there
- Snugg ultra thin profile
- Adopted lens case

Last edited:
I've been using the Incipio Frequency case for a while now. Here's some pics

IMG_4790.jpg

IMG_4792.jpg

IMG_4793.jpg

IMG_4794.jpg

IMG_4795.jpg

IMG_4796.jpg

IMG_4797.jpg

It has a lip on the front so if you put it screen down on a flat surface the screen will be protected. Doesn't add a lot of bulk and is quite sturdy. It doesn't cause any issues with the camera/flash/ either. The only bad thing was that the power button part didn't make proper contact with the power button of the phone itself so I had to improvise by putting a small piece of folded paper in the case to act as a sort of wedge. It also comes with a screen protector which you can see in the pics. It's not the best screen protector in the world (I've never bothered with one on my previous 2 iphones). Even if the screen protector wasn't included I'd still be happy considering it was only £20

Anyone found a decent iPhone 5 dock yet? :(

I'm still waiting for a DAB Radio Alarm with a lightning dock to replace my Pure Chronos iDock. I keep searching but nearly a year down the line, still nothing out there.

I'm really surprised how slow third parties have been to produce accessories. There are even that many lightning compatible speaker docks out there at all. The only ones seem to be the high end products from B&W and the like, nothing really in the mid or budget ranges.

It seems like we may have to wait for the 30-pin connector products to be phased out by apple before things step up. But I really hope we'll see things sooner rather than later.

just coming back to an iphone 5 from htc one and just ordered a switcheasy tones case

thought as it included front and rear protectors id give it a try £12 delivered from rainforest

previous used to have a Incipio Frequency case so will see how it compares to that

I still love mine, though it has rubbed a bit of the black off the bottom edge. I have dropped my phone quite a few times and expected a cracked screen but it's took it all fine.

Thanks for the reply :) But I ended up going for the Casemate Carbon Fibre one, looks very nice.. But I don't even have the phone yet, that's due Wednesday. :p

Got the tones case but it just felt too stiff for my liking.

Sent it back today and have ordered a incipio frequency, had one before and liked it.

Last edited:
Are there any ultra ultra slim iPhone 5 cases out there that cover the whole phone? They all seem to be cut out at the bottom and top.

Are there any ultra ultra slim iPhone 5 cases out there that cover the whole phone? They all seem to be cut out at the bottom and top.

Don't bother, i've had just a bumper from a launch day 5, and the phone is still in brand new condition. The glass is pretty scratch resistant, and the back doesn't scratch easily either. I've dropped the phone a couple of times, never thrown it at a wall or anything like that. But for general use, and even v.occasionally putting it in the same pocket as your keys, by accident, my phone has remained scratch free, and i'm even talking about hairline scratches.

I don't know why people bother with fugly cases.

Don't bother, i've had just a bumper from a launch day 5, and the phone is still in brand new condition. The glass is pretty scratch resistant, and the back doesn't scratch easily either. I've dropped the phone a couple of times, never thrown it at a wall or anything like that. But for general use, and even v.occasionally putting it in the same pocket as your keys, by accident, my phone has remained scratch free, and i'm even talking about hairline scratches.

I don't know why people bother with fugly cases.

Cool story but I don't want a bumper they're too bulky for my liking, any other suggestions guys? I just found this looks interesting:

http://www.desmay.com/collections/iphone-5

Anyone had any luck with the 3rd party Lightning cables?

Need one for my bedroom. Currently using a Micro-USB to Lightning adapter but the connection is a little temperamental.

Cheers!

I use just the cheapest off rainforest or auction site and they work fine although don't feel right going into the lightning port.

Here is the Desmay Slight if anyone is interested, mininal case at 0.3mm expensive for what is effectly some cheap thin plastic but looks great and covers the whole phone unlike any other similar case i've seen.

1.JPG

2.jpg

3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom