Poll: ** The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Thread **

Which colour iPhone 7 or 7 Plus are you going for?

• Jet Black (gloss)

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • Black

Votes: 207 31.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 30 4.6%
  • Gold

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Rose Gold

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • I wanted one, but the lack of headphone jack is a deal breaker

Votes: 76 11.7%
  • I'm not buying one

Votes: 236 36.3%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
vkCy5IDl.jpg

Details: http://www.theverge.com/2016/9/7/12758236/apple-iphone-7-announced-features-price-release-date

http://www.macrumors.com/2016/09/07/apple-unveils-iphone-7-and-7-plus/

Hands on: http://www.theverge.com/2016/9/7/12827772/iphone-7-plus-photos-video-hands-on

Specs/Features:

• Redesigned Home button with Taptic engine
  • A10 Fusion four-core CPU
  • Water and dust resistant enclosure
  • 12 Megapixel cameras with new quad-led True Tone flash
  • Dual-camera system for enhanced zoom on Plus models
  • Optical image stabilization in all iPhone 7 and 7 Plus models
  • Lightning Earpods + Lightning to 3.5mm adapter in box
  • Color options: New glossy “Jet black”, second “black” finish with black logo, silver, gold, and rose gold
  • Repositioned antennas
  • Storage options are now 32GB/128GB/256GB

So, who's getting one?

Associate
Maybe maybe.

Android to iPhone transition.

Waiting for battery life and If I can get a decent price for my current phone

Last edited:
Soldato
Wow didn't know the upgrade program included ac, I never sell my old phones so it's no loss to me just means my kids don't get my old phone.

So the upgrade program basically gets you a new iphone and ac every year for what is at this years price point about £550, if I'm right on that it seems a pretty good deal and I'm even more trmpted now

Hang on that sounds almost reasonable?! Where's this pricing at exactly?

Associate
Hoping I can sign up to the upgrade program whilst I'm here in Edinburgh. Well as long as I can do it before my train leaves on Friday!

Soldato
I was all ready for a Jet Black middle tier plus, but the extra £120 price hike has put me right off! I felt quesy handing over £699 for my 6+ so £819 is madness imo.

Soldato
Maybe maybe.

Android to iPhone transition.

Equally tempted.

If the upgrade program also includes ac and costs about £550 pa at the model I want, 7 plus 32gb, it seems like a pretty good deal as I always give my old phone to family so no loss of sale value.

Never been remotely this interested in an iphone.

Soldato
Not me, I had iPhone up to 4 but I just like the flexibility that android phones offer and would miss it if I went back. Still have a ipad and a MBA so still in the eco system/walled garden :)

Soldato
Wait so the upgrade plan basically means at worse you pay the same as buying it outright?

This is what doesn't make sense to me.

The "representative example" on the UK site mentions £718 which sounds like £599 for the 7 32G plus £119 for AC+. That's financed over 20 months interest free, so after that period you've paid the same as if you bought the phone and AC+ outright, PLUS you can upgrade to next year's model after 12 months?

How is that not a no brainer? Where's the catch?

Soldato
Wait so the upgrade plan basically means at worse you pay the same as buying it outright?

You pay equal amounts per month for 20 months, 0% finance

After 12 months you can upgrade for free but the 20 months interest free starts again. You hand in your iPhone each time. After the next 20 month period the iPhone is yours.

Back
Top Bottom