• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Kaby Lake 7700 and 7600 Owners Thread.

Soldato
I have a delid-die-mate 2 on pre-order.

TCT =Thermal core throttling?

Just done some more testing. Can pass Cinebench R15 5ghz at 1.37vcore (reads 1.368 in HWInfo) with XMP off. I want to use variable voltage. To do this on my borad I must set CPU Vcore to normal and then apply a DVID setting. -0.075 will max vcore at 1.37 but Cinebench crashes. I cannot work out how to adjust loadline calibradtion on this board (Gigabyte Gaming 7 Z170). Everything I have read says there are four settings (Auto, Normal, Medium and High) but i seem unable to set the LLC at anything other than Auto. Typing normal, medium or high into the BIOS does not change the setting and it reverts to Auto.

Thermal control tool. It's available from the UEFI.

Caporegime
Really struggling with 5.2ghz for some reason.

Managed this a few moments ago though.

CPU: i5 7600k @ 5.1ghz | 1.40v | http://valid.x86.fr/50sicr
Cooler: Corsair H75
Motherboard: Asus Strix Z270G
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z (RGB) 3332mhz | XMP profile

Cinebench R15 - 867

ENGtZ7th.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Awesome, as soon as i get some free time i'll get posting.

Is anyone here interested if we limit this to 5ghz core?? All down to a bit of memory tuning! I can do a little guide if anyones interested?

Caporegime
Caporegime

Is anyone here interested if we limit this to 5ghz core?? All down to a bit of memory tuning! I can do a little guide if anyones interested?

I don't mind that for SuperPi. Not sure how well the G.Skill will go though, reading some posts on OCN there seems to be a lot of variation in speed and timing adjustment.

Soldato

I'd be interested in that. I seem to max out at 5.2ghz (ok for benching a one off but not sure about long term stability) but 5ghz seems good so far. I tried my 2400 Kingston ram at 3000 (and let the timings auto adjust) and got 844 in Cinebench so maybe theres little more under the hood with the ram.:)

Soldato
I don't mind that for SuperPi. Not sure how well the G.Skill will go though, reading some posts on OCN there seems to be a lot of variation in speed and timing adjustment.

If only using lowered timings for Pi runs you should be fine, Pi isn't a memory benchmark, it's a CPU benchmark that is memory sensitive.

Soldato
Ok cool, i'll get on it after the weekend, will only be basic guide along with some little tweaks for the benchmark itself, and it will be for bench stable not 24/7 usage but will be safe and sound!

Back
Top Bottom