The King of the Kop is back for Good (well 3 years)!

Man of Honour
Its not a terrible explanation at all, because I didnt explain anything.

I simply stated things which people said, all of which were true statements and that none of those things came true. His formation worked against Chelsea, he didnt get them relegated and he has got the squad performing even though people said they couldnt because they were rubbish.

Don
OP
Only cos your thugs got the country kicked out of europe. So our best players went 'abroad' ;)

Arguably the best team in the 80's I would debate, best club to play in england ever? **** off :D

He did well with the team he inherited in the 80's, did well at blackburn with the money and I think he deserved more time at newcastle. I wouldn't knock him for what he did at blackburn, he's not the last manager to get a sackfull of cash but unlike many others he did get the job done.

Suarez looks like a very good buy, was it already lined up? Is it his choice?

It will be interesting to see how he does but so far he's done well enough and it's not like there are any other big managers interested and he will be cheap.

Whether it's the greatest side ever to play in England is subjective, hence why I said arguably. It was Liverpool's greatest side (and we are the greatest club in England :p) though. There's been a lot of talk about how great the current Barca side are and people drawing comparisons to other great sides and the only British side I can remember getting a mention (and not just from LFC fans) was the Barnes, Beardsley, Aldridge side.

Just like I don't think Paisley got enough praise for his achievements (because of Shanks), I don't think Dalglish gets the praise for his either. Dalglish didn't just take the same side that had dominated the early 80's and play the same style of football. There was no Neal, Kennedy, Souness, Rush and (to an extent) himself, who along with Hansen were the core of the side that dominated the years previous. And although he kept the pass and move philosophy, Dalglish created a much more attacking/exciting side thanks to bringing in the likes of Barnes and Beardsley.

As for Suarez; the club had been looking at him for a while, in fact it's said that Dalglish's first job when Rafa brought him back was to scout him. Given that it was very early in his caretaker role, I'd be surprised if it was entirely his decision to sign him though. With Comolli around I'd imagine that all transfers will be a joint decision anyway.

Caporegime
There were some stats in yesterdays Sun comparing Roys games with Kennys.

Roys team played far more passes over similar games, better pass completion %, more successfull passes in the opposition half, more crosses, more accurate crosses and more shots on goal.

Of course though Kenny had a few more wins :D

Caporegime
There were some stats in yesterdays Sun comparing Roys games with Kennys.

Roys team played far more passes over similar games, better pass completion %, more successfull passes in the opposition half, more crosses, more accurate crosses and more shots on goal.

Of course though Kenny had a few more wins :D

Well only one of those statistics matters :p

Wouldn't trust that rag anyways, who wrote the article, uncle arry?

Back
Top Bottom