The King of the Kop is back for Good (well 3 years)!

Caporegime
He deserves it the way they are playing under him, I bet Benitez isn't too happy hasn't he moved to Liverpool and hinted at wanting to manage them again?

Man of Honour
Like many I wasn't sure if this wouldn't be a bit of a retrograde step or even if not that it was simply to have a steadying influence to make way for a non-caretaker type at the end of the season but he's done a remarkable job thus far and it could be a very good decision for Liverpool if he continues with his progress.

Soldato
I wasn't convinced when he got the job that it was the best idea but I am delighted to have been proved wrong :)

same here, i wasn't convinced about him coming back but he certainly has galvanized the team and we are playing decent football again so its all good. I am also glad Steve Clarke has signed up for the 3 yrs too as he has as much to do with our turnaround as the king

Associate
same here, i wasn't convinced about him coming back but he certainly has galvanized the team and we are playing decent football again so its all good. I am also glad Steve Clarke has signed up for the 3 yrs too as he has as much to do with our turnaround as the king

I'am one of the people who had blind faith in him for the beginning because i knew he could get the lads gving 100% every time they stepped out onto the pitch . A fair whack of the credit has to go to Steve Clarke too .

Soldato
What's this? Recognising that an assistant manager plays a huge part in the success of the team?

Well I never.

At least Liverpool fans understand this point.

Soldato
What's this? Recognising that an assistant manager plays a huge part in the success of the team?

Well I never.

At least Liverpool fans understand this point.
There's a difference between acknowledging the importance of a good support team, and thinking that you can rock up with an extensive repertoire of Football Manager tactics and transfer targets and be a successful manager though :p

Caporegime
I don't know the history. Did he quit because of the disaster? A real shame if so.

iirc he went to all the funerals.

I'm at times not Liverpools biggest fan, but I have nothing but the upmost respect for him over what happened there. I had friends and family there and it was horrible, we still talk about it when I go watch Wednesday.

I honestly can't imagine what it was like for the players / staff and fans on that actual day.

I think the revival has as much to do with Clarke as it does Kenny, but kudos for Liverpool for getting these two contacted up. Best signing Liverpool have made for a while.

Pleased to see one of the greatest clubs in the Country on the up again.

Soldato
As a lifelong Liverpool detractor I'm a bit miffed that I've found myself feeling some affection for them recently. Good football and a support that's right behind the team at the moment.

An inevitable appointment and the next test begins with the summer transfer market.

Soldato
I have a lot of respect for Dalglish as a player and the way he conducted himself round the Hillsborough disaster. I dont know how he got through it TBH. He also does a huge amount of charity work which doesnt seem to get much publicity.

I think given what he has done this season he probably deserves the 3 year deal but i dont really expect it to go that well. There was a lot going in his favour when he took over and the real test will be the "reality" of a preseason and the new season where he will be expected to deliver rather than just being a firefighter. No one can argue that he deserves the chance to give it a go though. I just dont really think he is that great a manager.

Back
Top Bottom